1623 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

It should be forbidden to give a 1 star rating, unless the buyer give a comment/feedback about his/her experience regarding the reason of giving such a low rating.

147 posts Get in the spotlight
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
FamousThemes says

It should be forbidden to give a 1 star rating, unless the buyer give a comment/feedback about his/her experience regarding the reason of giving such a low rating.

Agree on this. This is in a contradiction with a lot of things. I mean how can a 1 start theme/template can even be aproved on themeforest. We all know how hard is to work on a theme/template and get it aproved here. How can all this work worth 1 star. How can a wordpress theme with 1000+ sells can have 1 star as rating.

On the other side I think this 5 star ratings is an old rating sistem, that is almost disapeared form the web on all modern website I know. Maybe a Like button will be enough.

The same for the reviews messages from the ratings. A lot of people says it’s good that you receive good messages, and you can put them in your testimonials.

But how is this more different from the comments section. I mean anyone can leave a good/bad message there. It’s more visible to the public and you can reply to it.

158 posts (-_(-_-(-_-)-_-)_-)
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Skywarrior says

Well he did give a comment, but its total rubbish. He said we arent using H1 tags and the page builder its not customizable enough… There are h1 and h2 tags in all the pages and the page builder has more than 20 blocks… wtf

265 posts JoomFX.com
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 200+ members
+3 more
joomfx says

I haven’t got any negative comment or any negative email about my latest wp theme. I got four 5 star rating but there is a single 1 star rating from an anonymous buyer and this single rating is ruining my item sales. I contacted Envato support. After a week they said;
Hi Egemen, Thanks for getting in touch with support about your item rating comments. Our team has looked over the review provided by your buyer and believe the feedback is relevant to the buyer’s experience and is within our community guidelines. This is a first step to help provide more information to authors about their buyer’s experience. We know there is a lot of hard work that goes into creating an item and finding success on the Marketplaces. Although you might not always agree with it, honest and unhindered buyer feedback is valuable and a great way to get insights into over all improvement. The ratings comments are private and for your eyes only and we hope you will consider all reviews and ratings with an open mind and that it will contribute to the future success of your business as an author.
Now I must consider this 1 star (without any comment from an anonymous buyer) with an open mind :)

Niiice… I got absolutely the same email :D
Why should we bother to open tickets at all when Envato Support are just copy-pasting templates without looking into the issues. They could at least change the template when they were replying to my ticket since there is no “comment”, “review” or “feedback” they might have possibly looked at. Nice one Envato, nice one !

5561 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

Our Support team handles hundreds of tickets a day. To expect them to not use answer templates is just not possible. While you may not agree with the reasons a rating was given, you did want to see the reasoning behind it. Previously you would still have received the exact same rating but not have had any context to the reasons why. And as we have previously mentioned, low ratings have actually been reduced since we started the feedback system.

Please remember that the rating system and the policy behind it is still a work in progress. While we wont be making any new changes for a bit, we are going to continue to improve it. Thanks!

506 posts Code is Poetry
  • Has referred 50+ members
+3 more
egemenerd says

Niiice… I got absolutely the same email :D
Why should we bother to open tickets at all when Envato Support are just copy-pasting templates without looking into the issues. They could at least change the template when they were replying to my ticket since there is no “comment”, “review” or “feedback” they might have possibly looked at. Nice one Envato, nice one !

+1

and we must wait over a week for this useless copy paste message…

265 posts JoomFX.com
  • Has referred 200+ members
+3 more
joomfx says

Our Support team handles hundreds of tickets a day. To expect them to not use answer templates is just not possible. While you may not agree with the reasons a rating was given, you did want to see the reasoning behind it. Previously you would still have received the exact same rating but not have had any context to the reasons why. And as we have previously mentioned, low ratings have actually been reduced since we started the feedback system. Please remember that the rating system and the policy behind it is still a work in progress. While we wont be making any new changes for a bit, we are going to continue to improve it. Thanks!

KingDog, man… use as much templates as you want. I understand that you need to use templates, I work as a Support in an IT Company and I use templates myself. But sometimes you need to slightly change the template because otherwise it does not make any sence. It makes the reply look unprofessional, very unprofessional.

I’m still waiting for a clarification, for an aswer of my email, why the Team “believe the feedback is relevant to the buyer’s experience and is within our community guidelines”. If you explain me the reasons behind your decision I will be happy.

I really appreciate everything you are doing, and this is the first time I allow myself to argue for something and to express my feelings. I hope you understand me.

506 posts Code is Poetry
+3 more
egemenerd says

Our Support team handles hundreds of tickets a day. To expect them to not use answer templates is just not possible. While you may not agree with the reasons a rating was given, you did want to see the reasoning behind it. Previously you would still have received the exact same rating but not have had any context to the reasons why. And as we have previously mentioned, low ratings have actually been reduced since we started the feedback system. Please remember that the rating system and the policy behind it is still a work in progress. While we wont be making any new changes for a bit, we are going to continue to improve it. Thanks!

@kingdog please don’t get me wrong, I know that Envato staff works too much and they always busy.

BUT waiting over a week for a support ticket is unacceptable for a technology company like Envato right? ... Maybe you should hire more support staffs…

The main problem is not answer template here. The main problem is we couldn’t get help from Envato support about an important problem. I just wanted to know buyers name because I wanted to ask the reason of this 1 star rating to him/her. If he/she isn’t a competitor of me, I can probably fix his/her problem in a few minutes.

If you don’t want to give user names to us, you can contact with these buyers directly and you can provide us some useful feedback instead of sending us useless emails.

8 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
stylishthemes says

Today it happened to me too. A real or fake ‘customer’ bought our brand new theme and left a 1* rating with a [language removed] review message where he claims some problems that I’ve checked several times and they didn’t exist on our product.

He could have came on support system and I would have helped him and explain the thins he didn’t understood. But NO, he gave just a 1* rating I can’t contest. Also, I can’t contact him anyway.

I think it’s just a matter of time so the users that rated before with 1* (when you couldn’t see who it was) will come back with more courage and bigger balls.

Cheers’

1525 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Guess we should make a page, rateenvato.com and give ratings for there service, i have a feeling there would be tons of 1 stars :)

by
by
by
by
by
by