177 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
xdkd says

I think the only bonus should be on big deposits, like deposit over $200 – get 10% bonus. Making a discounts on sales would be not fair to other buyers, no? Not everyone can become a power buyer, some people only purchase occasionally. In fact, most people.

While we are at it, I believe it was requested before, please make purchase date appear near ribbon in comments at least on hover – it would make many support communications easier.

40 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Netherlands
nokiko says

Ok I buy a lot. And as a buyer I am not really interested in badges. But discounts when reaching a certain amount in purchases or more credit if using bigger deposits would work for me as well. The more i deposit the more i tend to buy because the money is already there which would benefit all you sellers out there as well.

Free stuff is also a good idea but how would that work. Who pays for this if I have bought like 100 items from a few selected sellers ( I have some sellers i buy all there items not because I need them but because I admire there work and want to support that as such.

Now I see a theme i like but its from someone new so I can get this one for free. Will Envato then pay the seller.

Another thing I would like to see is buy more items. I have items that I bought 20 at a time because that was needed but I had to order it like 20 times I just would like to be able to buy 20 of the same items at once ( yes I am one of those buyers who buys for each use :)

Another thing please fix the download if you have all ready purchased a file. Right now i have like 20+ pages of downloads. If I want to re-download one after i see i already bought this(9 for instance if a user has his files updated and i notice this while browsing). When clicking on download now i get redirected to my downloads page where I have to wade through 20 pages to get to the correct on instead of having the download start at once ( as it used to be in the past). That is the thing that annoys and irritates me most

1677 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Europe
+1 more
Tean says

Deposit discount dont make sense, I mean you deposit 100$ and you suddenly have 120$, where did this money came? But I agree with some kind of sale discount for buyers who purchase a lot would be a nice encouragement.

Just like in real life, for example, I buy food (mostly) in the same store and get some bonus points while doing so, and then over time, this transfers into some discount, nothing too fancy or significant but a nice gesture nevertheless.

177 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
xdkd says

Expiring bonus points for every purchase is actually a nice idea!

2566 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
ThemeProvince says

who is supporting the cost of discount?
Doru! :D
CodingJack! :whistle:

Whoever buys 10 million worth of my items will be flown economy class to Sheffield for a chicken cob.

922 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says

I think it’d need to be run just like the Envato Elite authors tier… but instead of advertising campaigns, swap in various other Envato related perks:

Marketplace credit
Rockable Press Books / eBooks
Tuts+ Premium Memberships
Optional publicity of their studio/portfolio via the Envato newsletter

And naturally, the perks would need to start out small and progressively get larger:

1. $500 – $50 of MP credit
2. $2000 – $100 of MP credit and 3 Rockable Books
3. $5000 – $200 of MP credit, 3 more Rockable Books, and a year Tuts+ membership
4. $25,000 – $500 of MP credit, 5 Rockable Books, and optional publicity in the Envato Newsletter.
5. $75,000 – $1000 of MP credit, the entire line of Rockable Books, lifetime Tuts+ membership

Oh, and you know… badges! Badges are really what this is about for me anyways ;)

This is all totally theoretical of course – I don’t know if anyone would ever make it to $75,000 in items bought… but the maketplace management could work out the details and fulfillment side of this.

B

197 posts I'm a Husky Designer
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
designcrumbs says

yes I am one of those buyers who buys for each use :)

And us authors appreciate that!

5319 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

+1 Epicera suggestions

As for who pays for the discount, think of it like your local grocery store. They sell all kinds of food and have a rewards program for their customers. But they don’t contact the food manufacturers and ask them to split the cost of the discounts.

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says

Some great ideas and thoughts in this thread, I’ll be personally checking in once and a while and making some notes in case future plans arise :)

642 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
navigator says

+1 @Epicera

I absolutely agree with any positive shift which will facilitate the purchase for power buyers. Without these guys this place wouldn’t be the same.

by
by
by
by
by
by