I have some questions about using my new Preludes theme blog; is there someone here to help?
the blog is at: http://karengutfreund.com
First tho: is there any documentation or a Help menu for this theme?? I’ve searched the forum and maybe I am not doing it correctly, but “Preludes” doesn’t even come up anywhere.
So: I’ll just post my questions (sorry if they are elementary; I’m not an expert):
1. In Settings, I’ve added the name of the blog, and the tagline…it does not show up. Why?
2. I want to remove the “Preludes” heading; it should be replaced with the blog name. Where/how do I do that? I do not see that anywhere in the Theme Editor/Heading.
3. Under Preludes Options/Skin….I can choose a skin from the pull down menu, but I cannot choose either the Bright or Dark Theme. There is no pull down or button to choose “Bright” or “Dark.” I want dark, as in the sample when I purchased this theme. Where do I set the Bright or Dark option?
4. I am so confused about how to place the art in the Portfolio. Do I create a POST or a PAGE for each piece of art, and then assign it a CATEGORY called “Portfolio?” I did that but doesn’t work. I created a PAGE and called it “Home” and set it to be my front page display, which it does. But it ALSO shows up under the “Portfolio” navigation??
5. Where do i find the Page ID, Category ID, and the other navigation page ID numbers?? It asks for them in the Settings panel. Do I just assign them an ID??
6. How DO those page IDs work?? Do I just assign a number that coordinates to the navigation?
I’m sorry if these are basic questions. But I bought this theme cause I love the way it looks and it says it’s easy to configure. I’m sure it is….but I do need SOME direction.
If someone could just point out where I can find these settings or where in the Theme Editor I need to go to change the header and answer the other questions above , or at least point me to a RESOURCE that can help me, I would be very grateful.
thanks for your patience!!
you need to contact theme author, he (or she) is the one who will know how to solve your concerns.
I am aware of that. I have tried. No response. I can only contact him/her through themeforest contact form.
I hope I hear from someone soon. too bad the themes do not come with at least some small bit of documentation regarding settings, etc. They are not always very intuitive.
I’d help you but I don’t have this theme! Sorry.