5 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
elucia says

Hi there

I have some questions about using my new Preludes theme blog; is there someone here to help?

the blog is at: http://karengutfreund.com

First tho: is there any documentation or a Help menu for this theme?? I’ve searched the forum and maybe I am not doing it correctly, but “Preludes” doesn’t even come up anywhere.

So: I’ll just post my questions (sorry if they are elementary; I’m not an expert):

1. In Settings, I’ve added the name of the blog, and the tagline…it does not show up. Why?

2. I want to remove the “Preludes” heading; it should be replaced with the blog name. Where/how do I do that? I do not see that anywhere in the Theme Editor/Heading.

3. Under Preludes Options/Skin….I can choose a skin from the pull down menu, but I cannot choose either the Bright or Dark Theme. There is no pull down or button to choose “Bright” or “Dark.” I want dark, as in the sample when I purchased this theme. Where do I set the Bright or Dark option?

4. I am so confused about how to place the art in the Portfolio. Do I create a POST or a PAGE for each piece of art, and then assign it a CATEGORY called “Portfolio?” I did that but doesn’t work. I created a PAGE and called it “Home” and set it to be my front page display, which it does. But it ALSO shows up under the “Portfolio” navigation??

5. Where do i find the Page ID, Category ID, and the other navigation page ID numbers?? It asks for them in the Settings panel. Do I just assign them an ID??

6. How DO those page IDs work?? Do I just assign a number that coordinates to the navigation?

I’m sorry if these are basic questions. But I bought this theme cause I love the way it looks and it says it’s easy to configure. I’m sure it is….but I do need SOME direction.

If someone could just point out where I can find these settings or where in the Theme Editor I need to go to change the header and answer the other questions above , or at least point me to a RESOURCE that can help me, I would be very grateful.

thanks for your patience!!

741 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Poland
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Orbital_Themes says

Hi elucia,

you need to contact theme author, he (or she) is the one who will know how to solve your concerns.

Cheers

5 posts
elucia says

I am aware of that. I have tried. No response. I can only contact him/her through themeforest contact form.

I hope I hear from someone soon. too bad the themes do not come with at least some small bit of documentation regarding settings, etc. They are not always very intuitive.

191 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
KeithDee says

Hey,

I’d help you but I don’t have this theme! Sorry.

5 posts
elucia says

thanks all, I finally found a .PDF…it’s quite helpful! I was looking for Help within the admin

thanks very much, I’m on my way….sort of!!

by
by
by
by
by
by