• Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

...but that JS is killing me ….

This will help to ease the pain: JavaScript Patterns

Ho I am not stranger to JS , although i can say i am not a JS master and i will never be probably .

It’s just still very limited after you do flash OOP for so long and don’t be shock if you will see me at TF on some point :P

535 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
dimumurray says

It’s just still very limited after you do flash OOP for so long…

Tsafi…just…get…the..book. Its worth it.

4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

It’s just still very limited after you do flash OOP for so long…
Tsafi…just…get…the..book. Its worth it.
I think i am pass this :P .

For example i took my flash 3d cube ,I spend almost 3 weeks trying to convert it to JS ,performance are rock solid but i stumble the browser wall, I simple don’t have control with js rendering on each browser .

But now when you have css shader who needs it anyway :P

374 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
MarcoSecchi Envato team says

back on topic…. big loss for the Flash community:

http://blog.joa-ebert.com/2012/03/28/collateral-damage/
4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Nice read M,I think the shift point start from “not necessary to modify the ActionScript language “ as the writer say ,if I look back in history AS2 is 10 time better in performance then what JS is today and the downhill from flash developer point view start on the shifting to AS3 .

Flash success point as for today is in server media (from server end not client) the rest of flash as we know today will be mambo jumbo soon .

Regarding that flash game issue without old school top notch flash developer’s this game flash platform will go nowhere .even worst Adobe keep calling this flash 3d game platform and that is disparagement for my own intelligent calling this or hint it’s a true 3d engine and it’s not

582 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
jayc says

One thing is for sure: 1. Javascript is not so bad, once you get the hang of it you love it (we hate it because with javascript you also have to know HTML , CSS and test on different browsers). Not to forget that there are some powerful JS frameworks right now that leverage the MVC architecture. I’m not talking about jquery (I’m talking about extjs, backbone, dojo, nodejs-for srverside).

2. Flash is not anymore for everybody (like making a website that you place elements on the timeline and so on). Flash will be about heavy OOP /design patterns/physics programming AND this is a good thing (my opinion). I also think some of Flash devs will make a sh load of money with all this shift for games (more that they could have made by building websites/banner rotators all life).

3. Most of good AS3 devs will be the best JS/HTML5 programmers anyway. I do not believe in this CS6 /Edge tools from Adobe, that is targeting people who were creating stuff within timeline before and will be used for banners like and not complex stuff.

-jayc

535 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
dimumurray says

One thing is for sure: 1. Javascript is not so bad, once you get the hang of it you love it (we hate it because with javascript you also have to know HTML , CSS and test on different browsers). Not to forget that there are some powerful JS frameworks right now that leverage the MVC architecture. I’m not talking about jquery (I’m talking about extjs, backbone, dojo, nodejs-for srverside).

2. Flash is not anymore for everybody (like making a website that you place elements on the timeline and so on). Flash will be about heavy OOP /design patterns/physics programming AND this is a good thing (my opinion). I also think some of Flash devs will make a sh load of money with all this shift for games (more that they could have made by building websites/banner rotators all life).

3. Most of good AS3 devs will be the best JS/HTML5 programmers anyway. I do not believe in this CS6 /Edge tools from Adobe, that is targeting people who were creating stuff within timeline before and will be used for banners like and not complex stuff.

-jayc

+1 on all points.

by
by
by
by
by
by