dimumurray saidI think i am pass this .
tsafi saidTsafi…just…get…the..book. Its worth it.
It’s just still very limited after you do flash OOP for so long…
For example i took my flash 3d cube ,I spend almost 3 weeks trying to convert it to JS ,performance are rock solid but i stumble the browser wall, I simple don’t have control with js rendering on each browser .
But now when you have css shader who needs it anyway
back on topic…. big loss for the Flash community:http://blog.joa-ebert.com/2012/03/28/collateral-damage/
Nice read M,I think the shift point start from “not necessary to modify the ActionScript language “ as the writer say ,if I look back in history AS2 is 10 time better in performance then what JS is today and the downhill from flash developer point view start on the shifting to AS3 .
Flash success point as for today is in server media (from server end not client) the rest of flash as we know today will be mambo jumbo soon .
Regarding that flash game issue without old school top notch flash developer’s this game flash platform will go nowhere .even worst Adobe keep calling this flash 3d game platform and that is disparagement for my own intelligent calling this or hint it’s a true 3d engine and it’s not
2. Flash is not anymore for everybody (like making a website that you place elements on the timeline and so on). Flash will be about heavy OOP /design patterns/physics programming AND this is a good thing (my opinion). I also think some of Flash devs will make a sh load of money with all this shift for games (more that they could have made by building websites/banner rotators all life).
3. Most of good AS3 devs will be the best JS/HTML5 programmers anyway. I do not believe in this CS6 /Edge tools from Adobe, that is targeting people who were creating stuff within timeline before and will be used for banners like and not complex stuff.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.