377 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
BigBouncyBright says

Hello, guys
yesterday I was trying Focusrute Scarlett 2i2 audiointerface, my DAW is Presonus Studio One 2
I was dissapointed with much number of blips pzs and oter different unpleasant sounds which were produced with my stuff. I tried 44.1 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz. And the result was the same. Please share your experience or any tips, how to avoid this, and configure my Scarlett, is it audiointerface or DAW defect?

for reference

My OS is configured for audio as it Focusrite web site shows. My system parameters much higher than needed

213 posts Live Creative!
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
BrownHouseMedia says

Even if both devices are set to the same sample rate 44.1 48 etc… one needs to be set as the masterclock and the other needs to be set as a slave. This is usually done by setting the Daw to internal clock or sync and the scarlet to external clock or sync. The reason you were getting pops and clicks was because the syncing of their digital clocks did not match.

377 posts
BigBouncyBright says

Thank you, brownhousemedia
I’ll try to synch them

1470 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says

I have a Scarlett 18i6 and works perfect with my setup. My main DAW is MuLab which doesn’t have any masterclock settings (or I’m too clumsy to find those).
If brownhousemedia’s solution doesn’t work, try to install the latest drivers and play with latency. settings.

377 posts
BigBouncyBright says

Two hours I tried to find master clock settings in Presonus SO. I’m too clumsy to find it, too :)
about latest version, yes already installed, and latency is about 5 ms. In 88.2 kHz – 5 Albino 3 synths, 2 kontakt applications (abbey road, and emotional piano), one spectrasonics trilian with live bass preset works not so bad, but it is one of my smallest recent projects :( And one more trouble, when I starts SO, it says “Focusrite Audio Driver couldn’t be initialized…” Then I press “repeat” and everything become ok

206 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
reubenchng says

Sometime pops and clicks are caused when your computer can’t handle too low buffer/block size. Put a higher rate like 512 or maybe even 1024. When you’re mixing and using heavy plugs, that latency thing is fine. Recording, set it as low as possible.

611 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
+3 more
Basspartout says

Hey Alex,
as you probably remember, I am also a happy Studio One User. I never had any problems with Studio One and my very old Terratec EWX 24 /96 PCI soundcard, first on Win XP and since August this year on WIN 7 64bit, even though I am using old VISTA drivers, since Terratec doesnt feel the need to support their older products anymore (contrary to M-Audio’s Delta Audiophile 24/96, which also came out around 2001…, but sorry I digress).

Long story short: I bought Reason Essentials two weeks ago and it is actually the first piece of audio software which wont work at all with my old Terratec, so now I am forced to buy a new soundcard and I was thinking: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.
I am actually planning to get it within the next few days, so hopefully I will be able to give you some feedback at the end of the week. Until then, I think I remember Russell Bell getting the Scarlett 2i2 lately, so hopefully he’ll read this and have some advice for you.
I’d love to try the Presonus Audioboxes, too, but the Audiobox in the comparable price range only goes up to 48kHz.
Hope you get that problem resolved quickly. Fingers crossed! Cheers!

377 posts
BigBouncyBright says

Hey Basspartout, thanks for response, but I solve the problem :D
I sold 2i2. What’s about new audiobox 22vsl? It’s something like 2i2 by the segment but has MIDI interface. And I think they’ll work fine together: SO and Audiobox :)

611 posts
+3 more
Basspartout says

Hey Alex,
well, selling it is one solution, lol. I myself, I’m in the middle of moving with my studio, so I have to invest in other stuff first and Reason and the new Soundcard have to wait until probably December. But I will definitely check out the Presonus AudioBox too. Cheers.

611 posts
+3 more
Basspartout says

So I got the Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 now. Installation no problem, works with Reason Essentials as well as my Presonus Studio One 2 64 bit perfectly, Latency is fine, no blips or unpleasent sounds whatsoever even with pretty small buffer sizes, sound is really great for that price….. BUT !!!
now the big BUT !:
If I connect my Godin SG guitar and switch to the humbucker, it is not possible to reduce the gain in a way that in NOT distorts. And by distortion here we’re talking about an unpleasant one caused by the input gain of the interface being too high. :sick:
Guys!! Didnt anybody TEST this before throwing that thing on the market?? Unbelievable! In order for the signal not to distort and my DAW not to clip I either would have to switch to ‘line’ input or turn down my guitar, (both of course resulting in a sound loss or sound I dont want). This cant be true and this makes the interface worthless and I am going to return it. :impatient: Still cant believe it, but there are numerous posts in several forums of people reporting the same problem. Too bad, because apart from that, it really is a nice piece of hardware.

by
by
by
by
by
by