I hesitated a lot between opencart and pretashop but after reading this article http://blog.academy-ecommerce.com/prestashop-en-exces-de-vitesse (article in French, but google translation will help you easily understand), I think my choice will be limited to opencart now. This article is interesting on prestashop bad choice ….. What do you think? what inconvient of opencart?
As for me, both platforms are good. Everything depends on your skills and needs.
- Has a lot of features
- Fast and not resource consuming
- Large number of extensions, modules and add-ons
- Support available
- Unlimited number of categories and products
- Supports physical products & downloads
- Supports SSL (https) encryption
- Multi-store support
You can find a good comparison of those two shopping carts [link removed] here.