Im the owner of an e-commerce company, wich is specialized in webshops. Im really frustrated the lack of support of new prestashop themes on here.
1. I read Envato is going to support Cart66. I mean, their is nothing wrong with that, but why not first start with one other big working webshop system wich is already out their?
2. I really dont understand why they are missing? Yes, we also build Opencart for basic webshops, and I yes I love Opencart also. But for now, Opencart is really missing some advanced modules. So their 2 options, use the “Sick frustrating, welcome to hell” Magento. Or use prestashop. It is a really big community, so Im 100% their enough buyers. Why, why, why.. What point Im missing here?
Im aware of other market places selling Prestashop themes, but I support the Envato community.
The first good usable prestashop shop theme(including zoom and related products) I will buy 5 times. Who is with me?
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Community Moderator
- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Referred more than 2000 users
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
The fact that it doesn’t have its own category could certainly be contributing to this, but it seems Prestashop themes aren’t selling very well here:http://themeforest.net/browse/tags/default/prestashop
Authors tend to go with what sells (WordPress) rather than testing the unknown. Of course, that means there’s a void to be filled and potentially lots of money to be made for anyone willing to take a risk. I think if a few more Prestshop themes crop up, ThemeForest might consider adding a dedicated category, which might drive a lot more traffic/sales and spur more theme development.
the thing is, that prestashop sux . it is good and all but magento is miles ahead in cusomizability and usefulness. most ppl use magento, and that sells better. at least in my zone
I do think Envato should encourage new Prestashop themes. I think with like 10 more themes and a category, it would just do fine.
@libra-online, did you really customize a lot of different webshops? Magento is a HELL , in points of customization, hell for none programmers to even add a product, and then I even forget it is damn slow.
And I dont know wich zone you mean, because your from Europe. But around French, it is all Prestashop.
hi, malinerick my clients are mostly overseas, and the netherlands, and sweden.
i had projects with both prestashop and magento, and i do not know why you say that customizastion is hell. maybe you are not a web coder, but mostly designer so you look at it from that perspective.
of course everyone should have their opinion, i was only sharing my experience.
regarding france i have bad experience with french clients, they all want their websites made in joomla as a CMS (no drupal no WP despite the fact that they are 1000x better), and prestashop as an ecommerce solution (romanian and italian clients also). as to why, it beats me, luckily there are guys who still favour these for developement, so the offer/demand is met.