• Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Hey everyone, we’ve discovered a little bug that seems to be popping up recently. It seems on some files, the system is displaying the wrong preview image, even though the preview ZIP has all of the files named correctly. Instead of grabbing the first image, it’s randomly displaying one of the other images. Not sure how wide spread the bug is, but it’s already been reported to the devs and should be fixed shortly.

Thanks!

549 posts Themes and Graphics
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Bebel says

Aaaaargh – it happened to us!!!! http://themeforest.net/item/mymagazine-stylish-portal-news-site-wordpress/full_screen_preview/117066

our magazine template is on the frontpage and the preview image K I L L S sales (I guess). How far are you guys with fixing this issue? Are you able to do it manually? We already uploaded a new screenshot zip containing the preview image only, but it’s stuck in the queque and we are very worried about our chances to make money from our template :(

cheers

Bebel

153 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
Genem says

@Bebel, same thing happened to. It sucks.

How’s the fix coming along?

2952 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says
Aaaaargh – it happened to us!!!! http://themeforest.net/item/mymagazine-stylish-portal-news-site-wordpress/full_screen_preview/117066

our magazine template is on the frontpage and the preview image K I L L S sales (I guess). How far are you guys with fixing this issue? Are you able to do it manually? We already uploaded a new screenshot zip containing the preview image only, but it’s stuck in the queque and we are very worried about our chances to make money from our template :(

cheers

Bebel

Don’t want to be rude but there’s another magazine theme with the same image bug and it sell well .. maybe that’s why yours doesnt.

549 posts Themes and Graphics
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Bebel says

cheers

Bebel
Don’t want to be rude but there’s another magazine theme with the same image bug and it sell well .. maybe that’s why yours doesnt.

I know about the other template but it might would have even more sales with a correct preview image? Guess we’ll never know :-D

147 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
zecchin says

Why do we even have to upload the preview image packed with other theme screenshots?

This have been a problem for new authors and very often i happen to see an item with the image preview wrong, either caused by a bug like this one, or by author mistakes.

Why not asking for the author to upload this image separately, like we do with the item thumbnails. This would probably save some time working around this problems, and would prevent any impact on the sales that an wrong preview might cause.

153 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Genem says
Why do we even have to upload the preview image packed with other theme screenshots?

This have been a problem for new authors and very often i happen to see an item with the image preview wrong, either caused by a bug like this one, or by author mistakes.

Why not asking for the author to upload this image separately, like we do with the item thumbnails. This would probably save some time working around this problems, and would prevent any impact on the sales that an wrong preview might cause.

+1

That is what I suggested here: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/suggestion-allow-author-to-change-preview-image/29850

This would ensure that there kinds of issues wont happen again. Win-win for everyone.

97 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
WPFW says

any news about this problem? or we have to wait longer?

by
by
by
by
by
by