106 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
KurtBilisim says

I was wondering if it is possible to use as many items from all market places as possible in our previews, and by as many I mean probably thousands if not all of them.

I am working on a theme (hope I can finish and it gets accepted) and I was thinking of having 9 marketplaces as the main categories and they will have one or two levels of sub categories and under those, am planning to have as many items as possible previewed. Of course preview files won’t be included in the purchase download and I will use watermarked preview files directly from envato but I need to make somethings clear.

1 – Is there any rule restricting this in any way? (Don’t think there would be but got to ask)

2 – In this case, obviously I can’t provide all those linkbacks in my own item’s description page. However I will provide links to each file’s own page and the authors profile page within the preview, under each item as its description. Would this be acceptable?

3 – I tried to see if I can rip URL of the actual preview file (image, audio or video) for each item but it will certainly take too long to collect that data. Is there any chance I can get help from envato about this? Or is there any other easier way to get myself?

I’d like to know if there are any other concerns too. Thanks.

7390 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

:shocked:

WHAT do you want to do? the entire marketplace?

how can you fit all that stuff inside YOUR preview?

and why you need all those items. No one will check them all just to see if your file is working.

I’m really confusing and curios. Can you explain more?

106 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
KurtBilisim says

Well putting all of them is probably impossible but I just wanted to preview as many items as I can, it could help everyones’ sales even if a little. I think with XML files with total size up to 2-3 MB, thousands of items can be previewed.

How do people normally pick items for their previews? And do you get the preview file URL manually for each of them from page sources?

by
by
by
by
by
by