2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
LucidStudios says

@Jordan

Can we change the forum title later on when the updates are deployed?

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

I appreciate the incentive of Tuts+ Premium offer.

But as an author, personally I afraid to convey my buyers about my overall earning on every item page with BIG Elite badge (atleast avoid the “Learn More” link). The reason is many buyers already think the current item prices are worthy to get infinite support from author. Worst case is some of the new buyers will assume the mentioned earning is made only through the current item (may not aware how long it took for that earning too) and that will indirectly make them to expect much support-feature requests on items.

On the item page, we already have the Elite badge near the Author avatar which is enough and more relevant. Just a thought as an author, we already have enough issues.

Interesting perspective, we were considering removing the Learn More text mostly because it links off site. I do feel that marking each item as being ‘Elite’ though will be very positive for Elite authors and help provide awesome social proof to buyers – but I’m interested in your perspective. Keep in mind earnings are also mentioned in author paw!

We’re seriously considering dropping the learn more. Hope this helps!

A little popup box explaining what an elite author is would do the trick.

6025 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

We’re seriously considering dropping the learn more. Hope this helps!

Thanks, that’s enough to solve this. The issue I mentioned is mostly with new buyers who land here through search engines with the curiosity to purchase specific items but less understanding towards microstock-pricing-support possibilities. It would be better to make them learn more about the overall marketplace before author’s earnings! :)

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

At first I was a little bummed to not have a chance at trying the price adjustment tool but after thinking about it:

1. A price increase on files deter some buyers. Maybe not all, but some. Increasing the price does nothing but add a few extra bucks for each sale which probably doesn’t compensate for the number of buyers who are turned off by the price in the first place.
  2. Having that gorgeous Elite Author badge on items can only help improve the sales of the item. It really helps make an item stand out and I really love the idea!
1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has referred 10+ members
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

A little popup box explaining what an elite author is would do the trick.

+1

3951 posts After Effects Templates
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
miseld says

Here’s an example of what the item badge will look like in context :) – it may change.

More sales for Elite, pure marketing :)

1313 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Indonesia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
canimalition says

Need a loooooooooong time for ME to get Elite Badge :D

2181 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

Need a loooooooooong time for ME to get Elite Badge :D

me too :)

3749 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

Somehow i’m agreed with VF, people prefer to buy a hotdog from a normal seller in a van, and not from someone stopped in the street with a Porsche. :) I know Elite badge (or some paw colors) gives the authors some kind of “reliable author” status, but i don’t think that badge on every item is going to make more sales. In fact, it could be the opposite, so think it twice!

Custom forum title? Ugh? :P

17 posts
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
+4 more
ThemeZilla says

Is this an actual joke? No seriously? I was half expecting Jeremy Beadle to pop up from under my desk when I read this.

You’re removing the ability for authors to set their own prices and test the impact of different price points on their businesses and replacing it with a custom forum title? This has to be a joke, right?

As someone that operates their entire business through ThemeForest, and has managed to grow a small team around it, substituting one for the other is not going to wash. And while everyone can always learn something new, 12 months access to Tuts+ is hardly a worthy replacement or incentive based on the assumption that Elite authors have already got some skills to pay the bills.

Getting straight to the point, these are things authors need to run their businesses more effectively, myself included:

1. The ability to test different price points and measure impact.

2. Analytics which allow us to track click to sale. Without any analytics we’re playing a guessing game with promotions, advertising and essentially ANY marketing activity.

3. An open rating system which allows us to see why people have rated an item poorly. Without being able to see this information we are playing yet another guessing game and have no feedback loop to improve from.

These are things authors don’t need to run their businesses more effectively:

1. A custom forum title.

2. More badges.

by
by
by
by
by
by