1 post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
diversethemes says

Why can’t the price adjustment tool be kept alive until the new system is in place, or at least until closer to the time of release?

As for the new additions, it’s almost as if it’s a joke.

82 posts
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+2 more
mikemcalister says

I think there has been a gradual decrease in communication between the Envato team and authors lately. In this case, Elite authors probably should have been notified before the tool was pulled so they could make any last minute changes to their prices. I think all 160 elite authors have earned that opportunity.

The new badge and forum features are a nice gesture, but obviously we’re all interested in the things that can help our products! That’s why we get a little testy when we see a feature taken away with no real reason why. Did it crush sales? Was it unfair to some authors? Did it cause diabetes? Just a little insight might help here.

The price adjustment tool definitely isn’t the long term solution but it IS a solution until Envato implements something else. Now we’re kind of just back to square one until “later this year.” For those of us who have been around a while it’s especially disheartening because we’ve seen how long it actually takes to push features out, if they even make it. We’ve been told a new item discussion section was in the works for years. It’s almost irrelevant now, as many of us have opened our own forums in the mean time!

There used to be so much going on at ThemeForest that there was an entire blog for it! Contests for unique theme designs, giveaways, podcasts and the like. It was SO great! Now everything is always like a year away. Maybe we could get something like that going again? Or more transparency on the Notes blog? Nurse, I think I feel a faint pulse!

Anyway, I don’t want this to turn into an anti-Envato thing here (you know I love you, Collis!), I just think we need some more communication in this fair marketplace of ours. A little insight goes a long way.

Mike

1099 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+2 more
SonicCube says

I think around 98% of the Elite authors are from TF, right :)

1313 posts
  • Indonesia
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
canimalition says

I think around 98% of the Elite authors are from TF, right :)

+1 Exactly

3744 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
+5 more
pezflash says

^ :evil:

132 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Exclusive Author
ait says

I absolutely agree with Orman. We’re in a similar situation.

I’d add in another point into the mix – Extended licenses. I’d revisit pricing policy or maybe have several options like 5 sites license for example.

3744 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
+5 more
pezflash says

I’d add in another point into the mix – Extended licenses. I’d revisit pricing policy or maybe have several options like 5 sites license for example.

Guess is better not to mix requests here, but yeah, multiusage license has been claimmed for long. I was unlucky with a proposal ten months ago. :(

Back on topic, agree with Mike, some insight on why the pricing tool has been removed could help to calm the souls… Maybe it can be adjusted to avoid the possible problems it can cause, but remove it without any previous alert to Elite authors is a bit annoying.

843 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+2 more
marcfolio says

I think as an elite author having the pricing tool was a hugh incentive, and it’s kid of sounding like the new pricing system is going to be more all over/ every item. Not excited about that.

Mostly I just don’t want to see prices go down. As is I think every item on TF is under priced.

The only elite author I ever saw using the pricing tool was Orman, and after increasing his prices his sales never dipped. You’re trading him a tuts+ membership and some merit badges, for what would probably would be thousands of dollars.

I just don’t understand how the tool wasn’t working.

Long and short +1 for Orman’s comment.

132 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Exclusive Author
ait says

We experimented with prices as well, increased prices to $45 on few items and sales didn’t go down.

255 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United States
BuchmannDesign says

Sales for me also didn’t decrease after a $5 price increase. I was making about $700 MORE per month on one theme just from the price increase alone! I’d like to increase another $5 to see it’s impact, but now I can’t. :(

by
by
by
by
by
by