• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
+5 more
collis Staff says

Hey guys,

I just wanted to write and say I know a few people have raised two big issues in particular: that we aren’t communicating often enough (or as well as we maybe used to), and that there isn’t enough (or the right) improvements happening here on the marketplaces.

I think both of these concerns are very valid, and I’m going to think on how best to address them. I think communication maybe has suffered since we changed from our old Site Manager setup last year, and for me these days my work schedule is so heavy that the only time I seem to come by is when there is bad news to deliver (argh!!!) And on the development front, I think we could do well to be more transparent with our plans and roadmap.

Anyhow I will give it a bit more thought and try to come up with a plan to address both issues.

I’m very thankful for all the patience you guys have with us! Sometimes when I read about how long people have been waiting for features or staff replies I flinch. We definitely could do better, and will work towards it. We have a philosophy that Envato is her authors. And if that’s the case, we really should be doing better on these two fronts!!

554 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+12 more
theMOLITOR says

I’m very thankful for all the patience you guys have with us! Sometimes when I read about how long people have been waiting for features or staff replies I flinch. We definitely could do better, and will work towards it. We have a philosophy that Envato is her authors. And if that’s the case, we really should be doing better on these two fronts!!

Thanks for the honest and transparent response Collis!

629 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Thecodingdude says

Snip

Yes. I agree. I think (IMO) it’s important for Envato to focus on the areas the users really want. Maybe a better search system? Or some other popular improvements. But you guys are doing a good job the none the less.

1405 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Stylius says

We have a philosophy that Envato is her authors.

Envato is a she? Interesting. :)

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Beta Tester
+6 more
JamiGibbs says

We have a philosophy that Envato is her authors.
Envato is a she? Interesting. :)

In English, there are a few cases where we still assign gender to nouns. By and large, we don’t do this like other languages (French, German, Hebrew, etc.) but in English we have two acceptions; Ships and Countries

So with that being said, I guess Envato is a kind of ship. And thus ends our lesson for the day. Knowledge is power, yo. :sunglasses:

147 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Exclusive Author
ait says

Idea 01: Searchable (or at least improved) product threads for Elite authors. I hate sending users off-site for support, and it just seems like a strange practice if the sales are all based here. Plus, it’s one of the top requested features from users. ;)

Searchable is not the only thing that should be improved. If we want to use discussions for support, we need to be able to create users for our support staff and that’s make it even more complicated ;)

31 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
beiker says

Sounds good. It will be a task ho which will require a lot of patience.

93 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
2winFactor says

Thanks Collis and Staff for the excellent communication in this post. I’m looking forward to the future updates to the elite program. I am in agreement with the others on this forum – it would be great to see more changes/additions that helps us sell more, make running our businesses easier, or make it easier for our customers.

One question about the changes to the program – what is a custom forum title? Where does this show up exactly? Is it a name-change in the forums? I’m not sure I know what that is?

Andre

5091 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

If you look at Jami’s avatar you’ll see she has the forum title of Support Assistant. But I don’t believe it’s been fully released yet since we’re still in the process of testing it. We’ll be sure to let you know when it happens :)

1575 posts Chris Robinson
  • United States
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
contempoinc says

Have to agree with Orman and Mike on this one, however I appreciate the response Collis and look forward to seeing how you guys improve the Elite program, however I really think as everyone has said the support (Searchable/Forum like) and ratings (Amazon Style) systems NEED HELP badly — I feel like we’re beating a dead horse.

by
by
by
by
by
by