1579 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
collis Envato team says

Hey guys,

I just wanted to write and say I know a few people have raised two big issues in particular: that we aren’t communicating often enough (or as well as we maybe used to), and that there isn’t enough (or the right) improvements happening here on the marketplaces.

I think both of these concerns are very valid, and I’m going to think on how best to address them. I think communication maybe has suffered since we changed from our old Site Manager setup last year, and for me these days my work schedule is so heavy that the only time I seem to come by is when there is bad news to deliver (argh!!!) And on the development front, I think we could do well to be more transparent with our plans and roadmap.

Anyhow I will give it a bit more thought and try to come up with a plan to address both issues.

I’m very thankful for all the patience you guys have with us! Sometimes when I read about how long people have been waiting for features or staff replies I flinch. We definitely could do better, and will work towards it. We have a philosophy that Envato is her authors. And if that’s the case, we really should be doing better on these two fronts!!

563 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+17 more
theMOLITOR says

I’m very thankful for all the patience you guys have with us! Sometimes when I read about how long people have been waiting for features or staff replies I flinch. We definitely could do better, and will work towards it. We have a philosophy that Envato is her authors. And if that’s the case, we really should be doing better on these two fronts!!

Thanks for the honest and transparent response Collis!

632 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Thecodingdude says

Snip

Yes. I agree. I think (IMO) it’s important for Envato to focus on the areas the users really want. Maybe a better search system? Or some other popular improvements. But you guys are doing a good job the none the less.

1411 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Stylius says

We have a philosophy that Envato is her authors.

Envato is a she? Interesting. :)

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

We have a philosophy that Envato is her authors.
Envato is a she? Interesting. :)

In English, there are a few cases where we still assign gender to nouns. By and large, we don’t do this like other languages (French, German, Hebrew, etc.) but in English we have two acceptions; Ships and Countries

So with that being said, I guess Envato is a kind of ship. And thus ends our lesson for the day. Knowledge is power, yo. :sunglasses:

169 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
ait says

Idea 01: Searchable (or at least improved) product threads for Elite authors. I hate sending users off-site for support, and it just seems like a strange practice if the sales are all based here. Plus, it’s one of the top requested features from users. ;)

Searchable is not the only thing that should be improved. If we want to use discussions for support, we need to be able to create users for our support staff and that’s make it even more complicated ;)

31 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
beiker says

Sounds good. It will be a task ho which will require a lot of patience.

99 posts
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
2winFactor says

Thanks Collis and Staff for the excellent communication in this post. I’m looking forward to the future updates to the elite program. I am in agreement with the others on this forum – it would be great to see more changes/additions that helps us sell more, make running our businesses easier, or make it easier for our customers.

One question about the changes to the program – what is a custom forum title? Where does this show up exactly? Is it a name-change in the forums? I’m not sure I know what that is?

Andre

5634 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

If you look at Jami’s avatar you’ll see she has the forum title of Support Assistant. But I don’t believe it’s been fully released yet since we’re still in the process of testing it. We’ll be sure to let you know when it happens :)

1603 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

Have to agree with Orman and Mike on this one, however I appreciate the response Collis and look forward to seeing how you guys improve the Elite program, however I really think as everyone has said the support (Searchable/Forum like) and ratings (Amazon Style) systems NEED HELP badly — I feel like we’re beating a dead horse.

by
by
by
by
by
by