• Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Russian Federation
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

Hey everyone! I know that you were hoping for immediate action and I’m sorry that that’s not what you got. I did look into it and I think there’s potential, but we haven’t had time yet to really dig in deep or make actual changes. I know that this is important to you and that no one wants to feel like they’re being put on the back-burner. For that I’m sorry. I don’t have a date for you yet, but please know that I haven’t forgotten. Thanks for double checking either way!

Hi Lance, any update on low price issue for stock footage/motion graphics ? Any actions planned yet?

Best Regards, Andrey

173 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
Rickyloca says

Hey everyone! I know that you were hoping for immediate action and I’m sorry that that’s not what you got. I did look into it and I think there’s potential, but we haven’t had time yet to really dig in deep or make actual changes. I know that this is important to you and that no one wants to feel like they’re being put on the back-burner. For that I’m sorry. I don’t have a date for you yet, but please know that I haven’t forgotten. Thanks for double checking either way!

Hi Lance, any update on low price issue for stock footage/motion graphics ? Any actions planned yet?

Best Regards, Andrey

+1

180 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
BetaMotion says

Best Regards, Andrey

+1

187 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
WebRa says

Best Regards, Andrey

+1 :))

Christian_Fletcher
Christian_Fletcher Recent Posts Threads Started
36 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Christian_Fletcher says

Well, hope 2014 will come with a price increase for motion graphics and stock footage…

(the summer AE projects price increase didn`t bad affect the sales and the 3x extended licence was really an inspired ideea). Until then Happy New Year to All!

180 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
BetaMotion says

Well, hope 2014 will come with a price increase for motion graphics and stock footage… (the summer AE projects price increase didn`t bad affect the sales and the 3x extended licence was really an inspired ideea). Until then Happy New Year to All!

+111111111111111111111

432 posts butlerm.com
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Beta Tester
+10 more
butlerm says

Well, hope 2014 will come with a price increase for motion graphics and stock footage… (the summer AE projects price increase didn`t bad affect the sales and the 3x extended licence was really an inspired ideea). Until then Happy New Year to All!
+1
2 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • India
ArtinFx says

Awesome news…..!!!!!!!!

1256 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

when you raise prices us buyers buy less, overall spending about the same amount total within budgets; I’ll buy 20 at $10 each or just 10 at $20 each (or less) for example. You can’t just hike up prices and expect demand to be the same; econ 101 (supply/demand curve). I’ve cut my considerable spending on envato marketplaces down by over 35% when you raised prices 18 months or so ago on aeps here. just sayin. (btw I’m one of the world’s top aep buyers, honestly, across sites including this one).

low prices lead to higher sales volume, higher prices kills sales response. I appreciated envatos’ low pricing from years ago. there’s new competitors out there now selling legit pro ae templates at much lower (and without the single-use license restriction that only envato has). competition keeps pricing down

2036 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+2 more
Creattive says

when you raise prices us buyers buy less, overall spending about the same amount total within budgets; I’ll buy 20 at $10 each or just 10 at $20 each (or less) for example. You can’t just hike up prices and expect demand to be the same; econ 101 (supply/demand curve). I’ve cut my considerable spending on envato marketplaces down by over 35% when you raised prices 18 months or so ago on aeps here. just sayin. (btw I’m one of the world’s top aep buyers, honestly, across sites including this one). low prices lead to higher sales volume, higher prices kills sales response. I appreciated envatos’ low pricing from years ago. there’s new competitors out there now selling legit pro ae templates at much lower (and without the single-use license restriction that only envato has). competition keeps pricing down

I couldn’t disagree more. Price increase was a very good decision, my sales had no effect at all.

This is the second time I read a post from you about other sites that are much cheaper now. I don’t know of any site that could be seen as a competitor that has lower prices. You are most probably referring to sites with very low quality projects. Hence the low price…

Also, Economics 101 as you are referring to it: Goal is to hit the crossing point of price and sales-curve. When you sell your stuff too cheap, more people will buy it, but in total numbers you lose out. Same thing with price too high and sales too low.

So selling less with a higher price does not have to be bad. It all depends on the amount at the end of the month. And this is – in my case – higher after the price increase.

Even you tell me that you are spending the same amount of money, only for less projects. So nothing changes here in terms of money for envato, only you get fewer projects now. Of course you are upset of that, but we have to live from something, too. And even when we won’t earn more from you, we do earn more from other people who will just buy 1 template for their project, and this template now costs $5 more.

Prices here are still very low for what quality you get.

If there would be marketplaces with competitive quality and lower prices, buyers would be there. But they are here. No AE-marketplace has as much sales as videohive, and that is why the top authors are here.

by
by
by
by
by
by