• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
Raincutter says

I know not much time has passed with this change but did you guys felt any impact of price rise in items on your sales? Please note that if you have got any of your item a big hit recently than this thread isn’t for you as you might be experiencing greater sales ratio. Last week was the greatest earning week for me at GR due to the same price change. Now it’s been four days without a single sale. I know it’s been weekend but lately I wanted to keep track of what’s going on and what’s going to come. So GR folks what’s your position?

1603 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+9 more
PatrikL Reviewer says

Well, it’s quite hard to say since sales tends to drop from time to time. This is due to a lot of different factors, vacation, weekends and holidays is a few of them. From my experience as an author is that the price increase is a great addition, sure, one might loose sales in the beginning since it’s still new. This will change though, give it enough time and we all will experience the same amount of sales like we had before the increase.

This is due to that buyers are used to see the $1 items all over the place, in time they all will get used to this and keep buying like before. Besides, higher price often means better quality. Which brings us to the following. With this price increase we will also up the overall quality on the marketplace. So expect to see some changes in a near future! I can’t and won’t say anything on this subject, more than that the overall quality will increase shortly.

But to answer your question Raincutter. Yeah, my sales have dropped by about 20% so far. But I actually expect to see an increase shortly again. (no folks, no new items yet)

Besides, the new ratings is on their way, just a couple more days. :)

NechitaPaulFlavius
NechitaPaulFlavius Recent Posts Threads Started
311 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+2 more
NechitaPaulFlavius says

Not that I was a star on the marketplace, but I can validate the fact that sales dropped.I have a few isolated objects that used to sale jusst fine , but now things are not that good.Who know maybe with the new items on the marketplace,sales will bump up a little.

3085 posts
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Raincutter says
Well, it’s quite hard to say since sales tends to drop from time to time. This is due to a lot of different factors, vacation, weekends and holidays is a few of them. From my experience as an author is that the price increase is a great addition, sure, one might loose sales in the beginning since it’s still new. This will change though, give it enough time and we all will experience the same amount of sales like we had before the increase.

This is due to that buyers are used to see the $1 items all over the place, in time they all will get used to this and keep buying like before. Besides, higher price often means better quality. Which brings us to the following. With this price increase we will also up the overall quality on the marketplace. So expect to see some changes in a near future! I can’t and won’t say anything on this subject, more than that the overall quality will increase shortly.

But to answer your question Raincutter. Yeah, my sales have dropped by about 20% so far. But I actually expect to see an increase shortly again. (no folks, no new items yet)

Besides, the new ratings is on their way, just a couple more days. :)

I understand why you wrote that first paragraph. lol I know there has been quite a number of threads like this and I’ve also asserted on the same fact many times before that there are several factors which are responsible for most of the things going on in Envato . And as I said this is why I created this thread to keep track of what will be coming in next few days since it’s been just little time this change has occurred. It might help keeping track when the sales rise or fall if authors contribute a little stats of theirs here.

I hope anyhow that by increase in quality you mean that guidelines will become strict. And I hope things will go better as I just uploaded a new flyer here.

3085 posts
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Raincutter says
Not that I was a star on the marketplace, but I can validate the fact that sales dropped.I have a few isolated objects that used to sale jusst fine , but now things are not that good.Who know maybe with the new items on the marketplace,sales will bump up a little.

agree with you mate. I guess maybe with this new flyer of mine I might be able to make some sales. I’ll be posting its preview on forrst soon for some feedback.

1603 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+9 more
PatrikL Reviewer says

As I mentioned, I can’t and won’t say anything more than I did. But the overall qualty will increase shortly. So to sum it up, we won’t approve anything that Raincutter throws at us :P

Nah, just kidding! (or am I) ;)

NechitaPaulFlavius
NechitaPaulFlavius Recent Posts Threads Started
311 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+2 more
NechitaPaulFlavius says
agree with you mate. I guess maybe with this new flyer of mine I might be able to make some sales. I’ll be posting its preview on forrst soon for some feedback.

I think I know what’s coming up…

22 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
spyrogaia says

At first I thought, which country had a change of their Prince. :)

As for the price change impact, I sort of began during the change so I don’t really have much insight to offer. I do hope sales pick for everyone though.

2097 posts
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says

It is quite hard for me to tell as i had a featured item that ended just as the price change came into effect, but my sale have dropped a lot but cant really say which one caused it.

3085 posts
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Raincutter says
As I mentioned, I can’t and won’t say anything more than I did. But the overall qualty will increase shortly. So to sum it up, we won’t approve anything that Raincutter throws at us :P Nah, just kidding! (or am I) ;)
Oh man! Then probably they will not even let you submit your stuff. Let alone the approval part. :D just kidding, of course! (or am I) ;)

I think I know what’s coming up…
No one saw it yet.

At first I thought, which country had a change of their Prince. :) As for the price change impact, I sort of began during the change so I don’t really have much insight to offer. I do hope sales pick for everyone though.
Seriously, this can be the biggest mistake in topic title history of envato. :crying: But perhaps you might or might not know how sleepy you are when you haven’t slept for two nights continuously. I was taking a nap this whole noon and when I came back, I still wasn’t able to see that typo until you pointed it out. Now can some wise guy here change the ‘Prince’ to ‘Price’ from topic title? Thnx for the info.

It is quite hard for me to tell as i had a featured item that ended just as the price change came into effect, but my sale have dropped a lot but cant really say which one caused it.
Wait sometime and see what happens this week.
by
by
by
by
by
by