53 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
GreenTreeLabs says

Hi, I’ve submitted a ticket for support but had no anwer, so I write here hoping Envato staff read this post.

I have an item currently sold for 8$ and I’m going to totally rewrite it, adding more features and enhancements, finally it will be at the same quality level of another plugin of mine, currently sold for 14$. So I think that the price of the first one should be similar, it can’t have the same value after the upgrade.

So my question: is it possible to change price to an item? Or should I delete it and then resubmit again? For me it would be ok, but I think that the users who have bought the plugin wouldn’t be happy if they can’t update the plugin.

2645 posts Community Team
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+19 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Hey!

Please do NOT delete and resubmit items, as that is against the rules and might even get your account banned from the Marketplaces. Simply conduct your updates/upgrades, and in the “Message to Reviewer” box, suggest your requested price and the reasoning for the price increase, so that the Reviewer can have a quick overview of the situation.

P.s: you mentioned a support ticket, could you give me the Ticket ID please? Did you also check your spam folder? Ticket response times are around 24-48hours.

Thanks.

53 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
GreenTreeLabs says

Ok thanks, the answer of my ticket was in the spam. I’ll follow your instructions.

5634 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

Hey guys. Just a quick clarification. Price change requests should always be sent through Support by opening a ticket – http://support.envato.com/ Do not edit your items and add notes to the Review team to ask for a price change.

Just to clarify Calin’s earlier point, the “price change info” to the reviewer on this occasion strictly pertains to suggesting to the reviewer a potential price change due to extra/added/new features and functionality via an update to an existing item. Please note however that while you are welcome to provide your ‘recommended’ price for your items, there is no obligation on Envato to comply with the recommendation as Envato sets pricing of items independently based on our Marketplace. For the record and for clarification, general price change requests must always go through Support please via a ticket.

by
by
by
by
by
by