1 post
  • Located in France
virginie64 says

Une bonne nouvelle! Mercie!

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
Buky says

I have to stand out and say, as a buyer with around 250 items in my account and someone who is buying new stuff every week I am not pleased. I love Envato and your value/price ratio, it’s what made you so I can only hope price increases are not going to become a trend !

No drama, just not pleased.

4341 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

I have to stand out and say, as a buyer with around 250 items in my account and someone who is buying new stuff every week I am not pleased. I love Envato and your value/price ratio, it’s what made you so I can only hope price increases are not going to become a trend ! No drama, just not pleased.

Well, as an Elite Author in the Mobile nieche, I can only say, my templates are priced at 10$, and most of my customers use them for PhoneGap and they up on the AppStore. The cheapest AppStore app is 15.000$ ( using my items ) so… I am actually pleased of price increases!

I don’t mean to come out wrong, but, the prices could be doubled, and 99.9% of the stuff on the marketplaces would still be cheap as hell!

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Mikeint says

It’s easy to change and raise prices …. how about you raise THE QUALITY of the products also?

I understand there are so many different authors and different products, and it’s complicated to check out every single product but anyway …. talking about products I’m interested in which are WP themes and plugins … overall product quality is BAD … Authors claim and promote their products as the BEST products on the planet, but you have to purchase them to find out they are full of defects, bugs, issues, etc…. And some authors don’t do a thing to fix the issues.

In the past I purchased two themes, one HTML and one Flash, and than the authors simply disappeared from Envato and left all customers without support, without bug fixes, without updates, so I end up with two themes that are useless. A year later I accidentally discovered the author of the Flash theme I purchased, who disappeared …. was back on Envato under different user name.

I have also two WP themes purchased on ThemeForest that have so many defects and bugs that are practically useless, and author don’t care to fix that.

Now I need several new themes and some plugins to replace those defective and worthless themes, but honestly, I’m afraid to purchase things here anymore, and deal with more issues and more problems…. unfortunately I’m not rich, and I can’t afford just wasting $50-$60 on theme each time just to test and find out it’s not working properly and it’s useless.

And it’s not just about money paid for the product,... even worst than that is time lost trying to make the defective product work, waiting and begging for fixes, updates and so on, and all the frustration that comes with that … and the worst part of all this is: .... even if the product is bad, defective and useless, you have to give the author 5 star rating if you wish to receive any kind of “support” .... if you rate the product with 1 star … you are done …. most of authors will not even talk to you, and one author even banned me from the support forum, when I complained and gave him 1 star. That’s why so many themes have such a high rating that they don’t even deserve to have. Rating suppose to reflect real quality of the product, but it seems like it doesn’t work that way here.

If the author is not willing or not capable to provide working product, or is not willing or not capable to provide fixes and updates for defective product, it should not be even selling here. But it seems that … as long as Envato is getting it’s percentage from the sales, you don’t care much ….

I’ve had a whole bunch of WP themes and plugins saved in my collections and planned to purchase them but I’m tight with money, so now … with this new price increase, I will have to eliminate many of them and purchase just those that I need urgently.

I’m disappointed with you guys!

Hello everyone!

Today we are rolling out pricing changes across our Marketplaces.

We’re applying price increases to many of our items and categories. For many of our categories this is in fact the first price increase since their creation. As our authors continue to produce some of the highest quality creative work available anywhere online, this price change will help ensure they are able to continue to produce and maintain the best content possible for our community’s creative project needs.

We have applied slightly varied pricing increases across individual marketplaces and categories, some slightly greater and some slightly less, including a small number of categories whose pricing remains the same. These decisions were based on a variety of key factors, including our market dynamics, outcomes of recent pricing tests, the relative pricing of our items, historical pricing changes, and ongoing community feedback. Overall, we believe these price changes are in the best interests of our community and its ongoing success.

If you have any specific questions on the pricing of your individual items, please direct them to our support team here. To ensure your question reaches the right person in the shortest amount of time possible, please:

1. Go to support.market.envato.com and click “Submit a Support Request”
  2. In the “what can we help you with” box select “Selling on the Marketplaces”
  3. Fill in your details and in the Let’s get specific section select “I have a question about the price of my item”

by
by
by
by
by
by