1029 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

This forum has its own rules and we must respect them. This makes it a community, not at all a communist environment.

1600 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

For the quality of files buyers are getting, the few dollar raise is more than fair. Also if you put the lifetime free support and updates into the equation, its one heck of a deal you won’t find anywhere else.

4349 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

Thanks King Dog for deleting my replies! I live half of my life in a communist regime. You certainly don’t know what means communist regime. What can I told you is you are so similar with communism restrictions,

I have two things to say, about this reply.

1. You should be ashmed to wear the flag you wear after saying what you just did.

2. Communism, dictatorship, democracy, all have rules, if rules are not followed, messures are taken… so, Travis deleted your comment, because it was against community guidelines, how does that make this communism? I’m just saying.

Now, please let’s try to stop making fun of our countries and stay on track with the subject at hand.

1535 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

As far as prices go this price increase is only going to harm ordinary themes, i don’t recall much asking for overall price increase we need price difference that is what we need, now more then ever people will lean towards big overblown multi-purpose themes, and with search engine working as it works and everything pointing to the most popular list on which heavy themes dominate we all know that those items will rule.

I mean you have to ask your self why should i buy a theme that offers me basic things one slider 1-3 layouts etc. for 48$ when i can get all mighty theme with whole codenanyon of plugins that they already included 2000$+, multiple layouts dare i say multiple themes in one theme for just 10$ more.

Now and then comes a simple item that breaks ground but goes back in the dirt after couple of weeks.

As we repeated numerous times price range between items need to change drastically not overall price.

And the point is that those themes will not loose money maybe there sales go down 50% but it would cost 50% more so they earn the same… well actually more since they would have 50% less support :)

This is pure logic…. that every store does when demand goes up for something they raise the price to those type’s of products not the whole store and this is the only way to keep things competitive.

I know this is waste of time and typing but i am really frustrated and have to vent a bit now and then and sound my opinion even if i know nobody that could do something cares.

Cheers

4678 posts Love & Light
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

This is pure logic…. that every store does when demand goes up for something they raise the price to those type’s of products not the whole store and this is the only way to keep things competitive.

Good points, but Envato would know this already. Some themes were selling 1000’s of copies a month – that is an indication that their price can be increased. Not to mention how much content and value is in those themes, they deserved an increase, and it would increase turnover.

Increasing all themes by the same amount is counter productive, the only thing that happens is the same themes selling 1000’s of copies a month make more per sale, and standard themes look less attractive in value.

165 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+3 more
onioneye says

@digitalscience @Anps I am going to repeat what I said a dozen of times already on the same topic: quantity does not equal quality. There must be some other way to distinguish multi-purpose themes from “regular” ones, instead of unjustifiably raising the price of those huge themes, of which many are actually lacking on quality and could be considered as bloatware.

4678 posts Love & Light
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+8 more
digitalscience says

@digitalscience @Anps I am going to repeat what I said a dozen of times already on the same topic: quantity does not equal quality. There must be some other way to distinguish multi-purpose themes from “regular” ones, instead of unjustifiably raising the price of those huge themes, of which many are actually lacking on quality and could be considered as bloatware.http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/price-changes-across-the-marketplaces/138218?page=25#

Nope.. we’re talking about particular themes that sell well… not all multi-purpose themes. If particular themes are selling 3 times as much as their nearest competitors, then a small increase is logical – they’ll make more in turnover and they’ll still be ahead of the competition, but overall it creates healthier competition. I think Envato’s strategy is they prefer to sell many copies of one theme that they trust, than many varied themes they’re not sure about – but then so many customers end up with a website that looks similar so that’s counter-productive for buyers and authors – but I guess that’s just a sign of the times.

189 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+5 more
EasyDevelopment says

Anps has a good point there, but honestly I love the change. I do CodeCanyon products for a hobby, earning “some extra” cash is an awesome thing.

Honestly my sales are the same, maybe because they were low compared to other products out there, in the first place.

1535 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
+5 more
Anps says

@digitalscience @Anps I am going to repeat what I said a dozen of times already on the same topic: quantity does not equal quality. There must be some other way to distinguish multi-purpose themes from “regular” ones, instead of unjustifiably raising the price of those huge themes, of which many are actually lacking on quality and could be considered as bloatware.

This is purely subjective thinking, truth is shown by the amount of sales those themes get and lets face it i have one author in mind for example that was, is and does amazing themes, simple and top quality and he is power elite but his themes cannot reach those sales any more, and another that has 40 + items all quality ones and one brings him 70% of all income and of course there are numerous examples of people making cool themes and in the end clients in comments ask for more and different sliders, plugin integrations etc.

This market became multi theme (not multi purpose) market, everything else struggles and can only be as a side earning.

Before those themes came the price increase was for example 35 – 40/45 ecommerce – 50+ buddy press as i remember, there were no page builders, sliders, tons of other plugins but now days themes come packed, you say quality, but its just not true….

again just ask yourself if you had iphone priced as some ordinary huawei would you ever buy the second one even if you do not need all those things on iphone?

This kind of themes earn on returning buyers coz of options to make every imaginable site from one theme, it became so popular that i started noticing sites built on those themes on pages in my country.

And logic behind this is simple, you get use to one system to build pages, you know it well and from it you can make unlimited amount of different sites so you only pay 55$ and charge for it god knows how much.

So why would you change systems? This is the most efficient and costly way. Now for example if you lift the price to lets say 150 which is steal absurdly cheap, devs will think hard if they will pay for each and every licence they use because there profit margin would drop.

The main reason behind all of this is that this is a safe thing, those kind of themes would still earn the same.

9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
Skipp76 says

This is a bad joke. It’s now become the third price increase in theme forrest. And only a small part of the price increase will also arrive with the authors, because theme forrest just the neck can not get enough … :( I think in a year or two then they cost $ 100 a simple theme. Put 6 !! !!

by
by
by
by
by
by