183 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+4 more
onioneye says

@Anps You are spreading so much disinformation. Some of the things you wrote are not based on any concrete facts, and are purely fictional.

This market became multi theme (not multi purpose) market, everything else struggles and can only be as a side earning.

Not true. I for one am not even considering venturing into the multi-purpose market, and I am MORE than happy with my sales. ThemeForest is my only source of income, and I intent it to stay that way.

Furthermore, after inspecting many of these monster themes, I saw how bloated they are, and I do not want to sell something like that to my customers. I see that your portfolio is comprised mainly out of multi-purpose themes, which is perfectly fine, as it is your choice whether or not to produce those kind of themes, but please don’t go around throwing fictional claims that this is the only way to earn good money out here.

again just ask yourself if you had iphone priced as some ordinary huawei would you ever buy the second one even if you do not need all those things on iphone?

Silly comparison. iPhones are actually quality goods, and most of the multi-purpose themes that I’ve inspected are actually bloated software, which should not even sell at the price that they are given at the moment.

This market is from developers mostly for developers, people that resell there products.

That age is far gone now. There is a huge influx of end-users to the theme market – people who are not developers, and who are looking to setup a website, with little to none experience with WordPress. This is one of the main reasons why those bloated themes sell well – because a large chunk of buyers are ignorant to what makes a good website, and are therefore easily swayed into buying a flashy theme, that offers a gazillion of features.

6071 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

@Anps, I think those themes packed with features can’t be valued high just due to number of inclusions. No buyers will use all the features for one end product – so buyers buy the “choice of features” rather than feature itself.

However, your claim is valid only when buyers doesn’t buy more than one license and utlizes for multiple end products due to these packed choice of features.

20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
codstack says

That sounds Amazing!

183 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+4 more
onioneye says

So, let me get this right: if I buy 10 plugins, for example, that cost $10 a piece, and mash those together into bloated, unusable software, my product is now automatically worth $100, just because I paid that much for all of those plugins I bought, even though I’m a crappy developer? Where is the logic in that?

Okay let me get this straight. You are saying the themes in question have over 25 times as much value and only differ in price by 4%.

Bingo! And its not a blown up statement! Go and check it yourself, for example simple themes have 1 -3 sliders, visual composer and maybe one more plugin all together valued at give or take 100$

Those themes have for example up to 10 sliders some more that alone is worth 170$ and 20+ (some even 40 and more) styles which do keep in mind is basically like having that many separate themes and god knows hoy many other addons/plugins. Just in sliders then reach almost 200$ ... so do the mat

Once you realise this all further debate is redundant :)
2378 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

Okay let me get this straight. You are saying the themes in question have over 25 times as much value and only differ in price by 4%.

Bingo! And its not a blown up statement! Go and check it yourself, for example simple themes have 1 -3 sliders, visual composer and maybe one more plugin all together valued at give or take 100$

Those themes have for example up to 10 sliders some more that alone is worth 170$ and 20+ (some even 40 and more) styles which do keep in mind is basically like having that many separate themes and god knows hoy many other addons/plugins. Just in sliders then reach almost 200$ ... so do the mat

Once you realise this all further debate is redundant :)

I checked it and I don’t see anything that comes close to your audiojungle comparison.

Let’s do the math together. Your second post: Normal themes: 1-3 sliders Bloatware: 10 sliders

Price difference: 10-20%

So around 3 times more value, at 10% price difference.

Your first post (audiojungle comparison):

Item A: 1 sound Item B: 25 sounds + piece fo software (let’s value this at 5 sounds)

Price difference: 4%

So around 30 times more value at 4% price difference.

As soon as you realise that all your comparisons are useless a further debate will not be redundant anymore :)

Edit/ and the best part is, you can do the same and create a theme with that many plugins included. You just have to invest the money and take the risk that comes with it. Other authors did and you act like they did something unfair to you.

Not even the comparison to other countries with a better conversion rate to USD can be applied here, because they also have to invest much more in their currency for all the plugins.

There are authors who create themes like that. This seems to pay out, as your argument in this thread is “they get so many sales, it is unfair”. I would not sit around and complain if I could do just the same as the guy who is making so much sales now :)

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Signfi says

Brilliant News. I even had a review just now from a file just bought ”....Good value for the money” so buyers are still happy with the prices.

1586 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Omg i can’t believe it you guys do not see something what i am seeing… do you even know how much extended licence cost… our investment is extended licence that is our investment, and those prices is cost of the item for clients.

And by audiojungle i was putting an example on the price… and nobody is saying that those themes did something wrong they are just using a system that has been set up for us.

And yes we all can go and create those themes and risk it, but what will happen when the market gets fed up with them? You really don’t get this whole picture don’t you. We still get a decent living out of it, i am simply saying the price plans are not fair.

I didn’t say that poorly written themes fit in this category, but all of this concerns are correct. And yes i do say that majority of those top themes are multi-purpose themes do get better the sales, and are you saying they do not pack all of those plugins?

But please define to me what low quality theme is in your book?

I am not allowed to post directly example of all of those add-ons themes. And about poor quality, those themes get what they deserve quickly.

And don’t get me started on iphones quality…. i owned one, half of my friends own one, its more of a statement then quality more of a cult. don’t get me wrong its a fine peace of machinery but overpriced big time. But we are not here to discus iphones quality.

When you say that that age is far now, I don’t know from were to you get that, majority of our clients get themes for there clients. However we can discuss that for those over bloat themes for ever, majority of en customers don’t know even how to install wordpress theme.

In my country slowly ever small self proclaimed developer is now conducting business of buying themes and reselling them forward.

This market became multi theme (not multi purpose) market, everything else struggles and can only be as a side earning.

As I recall I did state there are exceptions and you know earning is a relative thing. Really depends were are you from.

Bottom line is that those kind of over bloated themes sell best, don’t need to believe my words do filter out wordpress category by sales and see it and do some calculating you will se how much % those themes represent on daily basis.

You all can keep pretending how this is fine its fair its ok… till it hits you in the head. Been watching this market for 6 years now and been part of it for 2.

We started producing themes when those kind of themes weren’t around that much and saw the shifts my self.

If i am so wrong why o why are those themes selling so much and a lot of products that are simple, unique and well built stay in the dark?

2378 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

We still get a decent living out of it

Let’s settle on that.

Useless to discuss more about it :)

1586 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Agreed :P

225 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
GDragoN says

One of the worst decisions ever made in Envato is to allow themes with bundled plugins. Whatever any one says, I just can’t think of anything good that can come from such practice, and it can hurt end users because they are buying something they will not use or will have trouble using it in, since they will not have proper support for these bundled plugins. And not to mention that some themes have 3 or 4 slider plugins bundled! Please, explain why??? Considering that most top selling slider plugins on CodeCanyon are basically very similar, theme authors include all of them just to say they ‘give’ extra value to the end user. And end user will end up using only one of these sliders. Design the theme and make it use on slider plugin, do not bloat with 4 of them.

If the theme needs a slider, author should implement simple slider and include system where slider plugins can hook into, and end users can decide and buy slider plugin on their own. And other features in the theme should be done the same way. But, it is too late for all that now, since Envato is not going to stop this bad bundling practice because they earn a lot of it.

I love creativity behind many themes on ThemeForest, but I will never buy any of them because they are bloated and because they sacrificed great design into making theme monsters.

by
by
by
by
by
by