• Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

I saw couple of new Cinema 4D templates priced much higher than usual and I’m very happy because of that. Does this mean the price increasement is going to happen with After Effects projects too? As discussed earlier it would be the time to start making these adjustments.

280 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
johnnybd says

if they would raise the prices, it will be nice of them to put some banner on the front page for at least a week, giving the buyers time to adjust and perhaps rushing them to buy templates they had planned to buy… this opinion is based on the themeforest price change that might have upset a few buyers in the past…

2252 posts Small, but tough
  • Elite Author
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

if they would raise the prices, it will be nice of them to put some banner on the front page for at least a week, giving the buyers time to adjust and perhaps rushing them to buy templates they had planned to buy… this opinion is based on the themeforest price change that might have upset a few buyers in the past…

Maybe they will not increase the price of past projects, maybe the price is going to be higher for projects coming up. Let’s hope so. At least, high quality projects (ae) should be higher in prices. As felt said in one topic, the price limit for high end project is $35. On the other hand, a famous example of light bulb shot with price tag of $30 is telling that something has to be done asap here in regards to price adjustments.

576 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+4 more
flashato says

I think the higher price for the 2 last projects are very well deserved.The new entry of Raul in the c4d section show the potential of this cat.

4792 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
  • United Kingdom
+5 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Maybe they will not increase the price of past projects, maybe the price is going to be higher for projects coming up. Let’s hope so. At least, high quality projects (ae) should be higher in prices. As felt said in one topic, the price limit for high end project is $35. On the other hand, a famous example of light bulb shot with price tag of $30 is telling that something has to be done asap here in regards to price adjustments.

You can’t just start pricing differently. The new projects won’t sell because there’s such a backlog of cheaper old projects.

Suppose it wasn’t the actual price that was set by the reviewer, but a quality rating, based on various criteria. A number between 1 and 100, say.

Envato could then change the price of items across the board, by adjusting the effective price ceiling. This year each point could be worth 50c, making a 100 point project cost $50 (the effective price ceiling). Next year it could be 35c and cost $35 or 75c and cost $75. Envato could raise and lower the prices across the board based on a rating system that stays consistent.

In fact, there’s no reason why the point system should have any upper limit. It would still work.

293 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
ivezicm says

Felt I’m stoked how good your reasoning is. Great idea.

2252 posts Small, but tough
  • Elite Author
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

As I said, felt for the boss :P

449 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
Final_Step says

I agree that there should be adjustments to the prices, I’m here in VH for almost 3 years now and now changes have been made in this time, when I joined logo reveals used to be anywhere from 8$ to 12$ and it is still like this now, if there was a pack of logo reveals it could get to 15$, still like this today. Same with other types of projects like presentations of any kind, anywhere from 15$ to 25$... Envato has to take care of it, we just talk about it and don’t hear anything from those who make decisions, what is there point of view? Will we keep selling projects that took 50 hours of work for 20$ ?! Hope to see some comment from someone who knows what is going on with it.

53 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Malaysia
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
TyrProductions says

I agree with a price increase :/

by
by
by