272 posts The Dominant One
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
wptitans says

Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask how are your sales going since the prices have increased from 35 to 45/50? We’ve been seeing a little downfall at the moment and wanted to know how this is happening.

Is it because of the prices or the HUGE amount of submissions lately. What you’ll think?

As for us, the prices can be reduced to 35 for all themes if your asking me. Maybe envato can show us some numbers of sales since the prices have been bumped.

2468 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

I’m not fit to speak about sales, but I think it might be because of this poor decision (IMO): increase prices + lower standards. This obviously led to the homepage flood, which I think is mostly responsible for sales drops.

This is how I see it, but I may be wrong. Also, don’t count on Envato publishing sales analytics…

272 posts The Dominant One
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
wptitans says

I’m not fit to speak about sales, but I think it might be because of this poor decision (IMO): increase prices + lower standards. This obviously led to the homepage flood, which I think is mostly responsible for sales drops. This is how I see it, but I may be wrong. Also, don’t count on Envato publishing sales analytics…

Your having a point but about the sales statistics, I remembered Collis announces numbers before on how many sales we had or that we’ve broken a sales record. Don’t see these things anymore from Envato management.

634 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+5 more
Pirenko says

I think it has to do with the amount of submissions lately. I’m not complaining about this… This is a great marketplace and people want to sell their work here.
I think the price increase had a residual effect on sales.

58 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
maarcin says

Half year ago > 5 days on the first page
Week ago > barely 1,5 day, half day after my theme was out > 29!!! new themes in one process, so my theme was at the end of the first page after just half a day

I think I don’t have to tell anything more, right? :)

It’s definitely not because of price increase.

562 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
kriskorn says

Lately I have seen a odd thing. Themeforest items don’t come out one by one, but as one huge lump. I don’t see any items for a day or even more and then when I see some new ones, they are already the bottom ones on the first page.

2069 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+9 more
revaxarts says

Lately I have seen a odd thing. Themeforest items don’t come out one by one, but as one huge lump. I don’t see any items for a day or even more and then when I see some new ones, they are already the bottom ones on the first page.

This is cause the homepage get updated every 15min (or so). Much accurate is All Files. Even the API is faster

3007 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

A lot of new themes every day and every day my eyes hurt even more. Some of them are horrible, i have no idea how they got accepted.

And some of them don’t even work properly. Where are the standards? As long as you ask more for something, shouldn’t it be better? What are you thinking?

This will bring a downfall of the marketplace in my mind.

Now let’s have a look at the wordpress category on the first page. That is so funny. There are more and more themes that come out and the biggest numbers of sells i see on the first page is 29. I do not judge all the themes. They are some themes that are good. But most of them are really, really, really, really bad. Why not give an opportunity for new released themes to have more frontpage time? What is the point?

Want to turn into template monster? With 1-2 sales per theme? Who will even bother to make themes if that is the case? I tell you who – someone who does not spend more than 1 week for it and hopes for miracles. They try it a couple of times and than give up, and than another one comes with no experience at all, as the one before him and does the same thing, and you will end up with a market full of low end themes that should not even call themselves premium themes.

DO SOMETHING !!!! INCREASE STANDARDS !!!

And yes, lovely stuff, every time we have a new theme, it gets rejected for some reason ( do not blame the reviewer, they may have a point ) but excuse me, how can you let “responsive” themes that do not work properly and break layouts? HOW ?

I do not know how to tell you everything i feel. I will just use one word: sad.

3007 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

@wptitans – And look at your theme sales and you will see what the frontpage time and the aflux of themes does to your work. Sales are lower. A lot lower.

194 posts Dreams Money Can Buy
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
SwiftIdeas says

I’ve said this in another thread but will say the same here, it’s definitely time for an increase in the quality requirements…

by
by
by
by
by
by