• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+4 more
bitfade says

this is almost hilarious, i just made a diff on both items html/css.

html = 51 lines, 9 differences
css = 151 lines, 5 differences

3 days, item still there, no action. Probably waiting for somebody to send a DMCA while the rest of known universe would have been already kicked this author a$$ in the outer space.

94 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
webTypo says

oh I must have made something against the rules since my previous message disappeared.

so here it is again…

:)

no just kidding, I am sorry.

92 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
CanCars says

Mannnn.. I sure wish there was a thread like this for buyers opinions since the hike..

1684 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

This is funny. The id was removed from my message, yet the template is still online. So sad to see this, so everyone can just rip my templates and publish them here.

631 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
UBLThemes says

This is funny. The id was removed from my message, yet the template is still online. So sad to see this, so everyone can just rip my templates and publish them here.

This happened to me only 3 weeks a go from a well known author. All the author did was change a few images.

He was found guilty and the item was taken down.

Nothing happened to the author. In fact he is still selling well on here :(

46 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
DockThemes says

Insane..

Let’s forget about all that huge amount of approved copy-cat templates for a minute and everyone think about that horrible 404 error template (whose id was removed) that is still on the homepage (noisy bg).

Honestly, i would like to ask that template’s reviewer what was up.. how could he approve that?

And when i hear that every theme by Duot.. (not mentioning authors…) got rejected at a point, and i see this.

No words.

177 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
xdkd says

Don’t you just love TF homepage design: Surely something must be balanced to provide better exposure for new items. Also an option to set default tab (like wp themes or psd templates) for user would be welcome. Other than that, I see no major issues. Price increases are surely welcome, and I hope Envato will continue with timely price updates in the future. High-end WP development is not getting any easier, I’d say now you can easily have 4 times longer production cycle for an item than several years back. Sales are most dependent on the quality of your items – produce nice items and you will have sales.

5096 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

If it’s a question of copyright or piracy, please contact Support about it. Posting all over the forum is not allowed.

Now get this thread back on track :)

356 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Malaysia
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
billyf says

If it’s a question of copyright or piracy, please contact Support about it. Posting all over the forum is not allowed. Now get this thread back on track :)
I really wonder why our content in the forum can be censored within few hours after receiving a ‘complaint’ but after an item has been reported for days, no action has been taken eventhough there are evidences pointing out that the item is indeed copied from someone’s work?

To gain more sales for Envato before removing? I hope that’s not the case.

356 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Malaysia
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
billyf says

Sales are most dependent on the quality of your items – produce nice items and you will have sales.
But for new authors, exposure is extremely important to them because they do not have a ‘customer base’ to begin with. Hence, their items can go unnoticed by potential buyers even if it is of high quality.

I think having a giant search box / filter at the ‘wasted space’ (the one which nobody reads) is a good idea though ;)

PS : I see the ‘noisy’ 404 page appearing at your ‘Medium priority content’ area :p

by
by
by
by
by
by