• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

I really wonder why our content in the forum can be censored within few hours after receiving a ‘complaint’ but after an item has been reported for days, no action has been taken eventhough there are evidences pointing out that the item is indeed copied from someone’s work?

Without proper dmca process, the removal can’t happen. So the delay is probably due to ‘proper steps’ which takes some time. Censoring the forum doesn’t requires dmca, so it is fast! :D

on/off topic, I guess a strict quality control (on relevant criteria. For example, quality of documentation) will eventually result reduction of copy-cats. Don’t ask me how both are related, but life works that way only – little bit subjective ;)

The more the approval process itself gets matured, there will be less need for handling copycats and dmca etc. Looking at the rate at which other departments improved here, I doubt if reviewers and staff gets better ‘connection’ to comeup with solutions. I guess we shouldn’t expect that level!

631 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
UBLThemes says

Insane..

Let’s forget about all that huge amount of approved copy-cat templates for a minute and everyone think about that horrible 404 error template (whose id was removed) that is still on the homepage (noisy bg).

Honestly, i would like to ask that template’s reviewer what was up.. how could he approve that?

And when i hear that every theme by Duot.. (not mentioning authors…) got rejected at a point, and i see this.

No words.

To be honest when i see themes which are bad on here, it does not bother me in the fact that there are bad themes on here because I think “its more sales for better themes”.

I can see that the 404 theme is not amazing visually but it is different and unique, so you can kind of see why it was over seen, which may or may not be an excuse but I am not a reviewer so I am not in the position to question this.

I am however a little dis-heartened when weeks of work is rejected and I see themes which in my opinion (only my opinion) just are not up to scratch to be called premium themes, and there are a lot of themes like that.

This is not a new thing, the reason you are seeing more of these themes is because more are being submitted, on ratio I bet the percentage is the same but because there are 200% more being submitted 200% more are getting through.

46 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
DockThemes says

I can see that the 404 theme is not amazing visually but it is different and unique, so you can kind of see why it was over seen, which may or may not be an excuse but I am not a reviewer so I am not in the position to question this.

You do have a point, yet that template is awful from all standpoints. It’s that bad that you can’t even say what’s good with it, can you?

I bet this month’s earnings that i can find 1-2 years old topics in the “Item Discussion” sub-topic with rejected items, which are way better than this one (or many items approved in the last weeks).

And here’s something, i’ll probably submit this one in the PSD Category, why wouldn’t i?

http://s017.radikal.ru/i412/1210/f4/f03ef762d9c7.png
1714 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

So without a DMCA it’s impossible to take an item down? What if the author doesn’t know what’s DMCA ? What if he doesn’t know its layout was stolen? What if he’s on a holiday? I mean, c’mon, even my grandma can see that’s just junk copy-paste, even the damn code is copy-pasted, this is just incredible.

97 posts
  • Slovakia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
miroslavzv says

You do have a point, yet that template is awful from all standpoints. It’s that bad that you can’t even say what’s good with it, can you?

I bet this month’s earnings that i can find 1-2 years old topics in the “Item Discussion” sub-topic with rejected items, which are way better than this one (or many items approved in the last weeks).

And here’s something, i’ll probably submit this one in the PSD Category, why wouldn’t i?

http://s017.radikal.ru/i412/1210/f4/f03ef762d9c7.png

Add some images into the footer area and it must be approved without any doubt

94 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
webTypo says

Take a look at this 404 page

http://www.carnationgroup.com/404.html

I think this is a good example of a similar idea.

this has a similar noisy background as well but the execution here is done well.

I think that it is really a unique approach but the author executed it badly and that is why it should have been rejected and not only because of the noisy bg (which I think it’s disturbing but it’s an error page, it has to show that somethings wrong so the idea is good, execution is very very bad and below themeforest quality)

5174 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

So without a DMCA it’s impossible to take an item down? What if the author doesn’t know what’s DMCA ? What if he doesn’t know its layout was stolen? What if he’s on a holiday? I mean, c’mon, even my grandma can see that’s just junk copy-paste, even the damn code is copy-pasted, this is just incredible.

The DMCA process is serious stuff and must be done properly. It may look like a copy and paste but which author owns the copyright for it? That’s why you need to go through the proper steps of issuing a DMCA . All the info you need can be found on our Knowledgebase here.

Anyway, this thread has gone in 3 different directions already :P Let’s try and stick to the original posters intent on discussing price increases. Thanks!

97 posts
  • Slovakia
  • Exclusive Author
miroslavzv says

The DMCA process is serious stuff and must be done properly. It may look like a copy and paste but which author owns the copyright for it? That’s why you need to go through the proper steps of issuing a DMCA . All the info you need can be found on our Knowledgebase here.

Anyway, this thread has gone in 3 different directions already :P Let’s try and stick to the original posters intent on discussing price increases. Thanks!

You are Envato Staff and Ambassador what about to bring some light to this topic ?

Do you have any stats or any solutions? I just see everyday new items approved with less quality. Im not an autor im buyer but many of themes already approved are totally awful.

Respect to autors like; Duotive, Dream-Theme, wptitans ;)

53 posts
  • Venezuela
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
ReyMarval says

The solution is simple, start approving wp and html themes by the same design strictness as you do with psd category :)

YEAH !

271 posts The Dominant One
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
wptitans says

Is it possible for the Envato management to give us some sales statistics from the moment the price increase has kicked in.

Don’t want to hear anything about the quality of the items anymore here since that’s not the reason i’ve started this thread. Just wanted to know the before and after state.

Just to find out what the issue is because buyers think the price is just to much and they look for cheaper solutions or is the competition getting bigger and bigger because of the price increase.

by
by
by
by
by
by