1 post
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
vinefreeman says

From a customer perspective, having bought a few themes recently, the search function needs more filterable options: colour, options etc. I’ve spent a lot of time looking for dark themes and had to go through every one!

If you go to say template monster (which isn’t as good – themewise) it gives you lots of filterab;e options.

Also i’ve purchased some themes thare are the same price but worlds apart in the functionality! WP titans have some great layout options (layout builder) and really allow you to change things up – this is an excellent idea and very flexible. Other templates are rigid and need a lot of csutomisation.

548 posts Themes and Graphics
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Bebel says

We are okay with the price increase but would love to have more flexibility when it comes to pricing certain items. The problem is that the more features you have, the more expensive your item gets. But you can’t really create an item that is not responsive etc. without getting the s* beaten out by buyers who demand a full blown theme. Our last item for example is pretty simple but because of the stuff it can do it still sells for $40 even though we really believe it would be far more appropriate for $35. But “downgrading” on features to match a lower price point would piss off buyers…

I think it would be great if reviewers gave is two price options to choose from.

92 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
CanCars says

Not to take away from all the great authors on here but I’m not made of money either..getting tired of this random price increase BS…the theme prices are changing by the day? I see a new theme while at work, 40 sales..I get home and its 10 dollars more?! wtf? this is very discouraging. Sales are down because you got rid of the impulse buyers like myself (no clients) just like to grab them up to play, well that all changed..and thats fine and dandy, but now this headgame? Increase your staff! take less commision from authors! NOPE …beat up the buyers instead!

1364 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

We are okay with the price increase but would love to have more flexibility when it comes to pricing certain items. The problem is that the more features you have, the more expensive your item gets. But you can’t really create an item that is not responsive etc. without getting the s* beaten out by buyers who demand a full blown theme. Our last item for example is pretty simple but because of the stuff it can do it still sells for $40 even though we really believe it would be far more appropriate for $35. But “downgrading” on features to match a lower price point would piss off buyers… I think it would be great if reviewers gave is two price options to choose from.

+1

1092 posts
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
lifwanian says

If I had to explain my sales history in a single character, it would be \

122 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
BrianHermelijn says

I believe feature like this: http://designshack.net/gallery/web/all/all/all would increase and make the user search a lot more easier and understandable. The way it’s now buyers will actually takes hours and hours on end to find the desired template that they’re looking for.

So adding a system that lets you choose based on the type of category, colors, layout theme would improve the user search experience.

That’s just my two cents, what do you guys think?

814 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
rvision_ says

I believe feature like this: http://designshack.net/gallery/web/all/all/all would increase and make the user search a lot more easier and understandable. The way it’s now buyers will actually takes hours and hours on end to find the desired template that they’re looking for.

So adding a system that lets you choose based on the type of category, colors, layout theme would improve the user search experience.

I remember seeing something like an advanced search, but I can’t find it now…

3192 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

I remember seeing something like an advanced search, but I can’t find it now…

photodune’s filtering/search was spouse to be added to all marketplaces after testing not sure whats happening with that or were you thinking http://wp-select.com (its down now but Envato owned it)

16 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Indonesia
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
ThemeWarriors says

It’s been 12 days since the thread first started and still no official response from Envato. What a great marketplace!

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

Up.

by