• Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
Carmen says

Hey guys!

Thanks Sveta for that update. I realise there are a few other questions about search etc that have popped up in the past day so I’ll find out the details and post as soon as possible with updates. :)

356 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Malaysia
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
billyf says

Thanks for the information. I think it is still a bit too early to make a solid conclusion on the effect of the price increase as sales volume might be affected by season / time of the year (i.e. More people might want to update their website and get a new look for next year, hence there should be an increase in sales volume at the end of the year). Maybe it would be better to compare sales of the same quarter a year ago to make a more conclusive analysis.

Anyway, I am definitely waiting for good news regarding the update on search / filter system because for a website of this scale, the current search is way too ‘underpowered’ for buyers to be able to find what they want. If you need ideas, I’m sure many people would like to contribute, including me ;)

42 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Indonesia
islammunity says

You know, I’m here since 2009. I submitted 2 themes at different times, and it’s all got rejected. Their reason is my themes aren’t fit the criteria, I admit it. Then i’m flew away from themeforest for 1,5 years because I have to learn how to make a good design and code (yeah I do both) until I feel have enough skill to create a good stuff.

But when I was ready for sell some item here, I was shocked that the price is too much and everyday I can see 3-10 themes came out. Lot of themes but less of sales. I saw that a lot of great themes (submitted by featured author, for example) only generate less than 400 sales?

Since that, I give up to become author on themeforest, because I know, if I sell some stuff here which has approved by reviewer, I’m sure the item will not generate a good sales. So, I just create my theme and sell it on some marketplace which has a lot of buyer who loves our items. I create my own website to show my items and sell it directly. You know, the key is email marketing. I won’t spend 1 month development just to get 4-20 sales here.

Note: I don’t flame you guys to leave or to dislike themeforest, but I just want to share my opinion and experience.

1683 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

Quality items sell.

400 sales x $45 = $18000. If you’re an elite author, that’s $12,600. Suppose you make like 10 good themes in a year. If you’ll add the html versions of them, that’s even more.

And, great themes sell even after 2-3-4-5-6 months so it’s a long-term commitment and they can sell even 1000+

42 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Indonesia
islammunity says

Quality items sell.

400 sales x $45 = $18000. If you’re an elite author, that’s $12,600. Suppose you make like 10 good themes in a year. If you’ll add the html versions of them, that’s even more.

And, great themes sell even after 2-3-4-5-6 months so it’s a long-term commitment and they can sell even 1000+

Yeah, but 100-400 sales is so hard to reach now… am I right?

646 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
Dream-Theme says

You know, I’m here since 2009. I submitted 2 themes at different times, and it’s all got rejected. Their reason is my themes aren’t fit the criteria, I admit it. Then i’m flew away from themeforest for 1,5 years because I have to learn how to make a good design and code (yeah I do both) until I feel have enough skill to create a good stuff.

But when I was ready for sell some item here, I was shocked that the price is too much and everyday I can see 3-10 themes came out. Lot of themes but less of sales. I saw that a lot of great themes (submitted by featured author, for example) only generate less than 400 sales?

Since that, I give up to become author on themeforest, because I know, if I sell some stuff here which has approved by reviewer, I’m sure the item will not generate a good sales. So, I just create my theme and sell it on some marketplace which has a lot of buyer who loves our items. I create my own website to show my items and sell it directly. You know, the key is email marketing. I won’t spend 1 month development just to get 4-20 sales here.

Note: I don’t flame you guys to leave or to dislike themeforest, but I just want to share my opinion and experience.

yep. you are 100% right! there’s no money on theme forest. not even worth a try. :bigwink:

42 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Indonesia
islammunity says

yep. you are 100% right! there’s no money on theme forest. not even worth a try. :bigwink:

I don’t say there’s no money here. Since author like you can buy an island by doing business here. That’s just my opinion buddy, about I won’t selling item here it’s because I just want to use my own way to make money by making wp theme.

1683 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

I don’t say there’s no money here. Since author like you can buy an island by doing business here. That’s just my opinion buddy, about I won’t selling item here it’s because I just want to use my own way to make money by making wp theme.

Yes, don’t sell here, that’s the best way. Recommended for all the other new authors, it’s not worth it.

3393 posts Nice Guy
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

Yes, don’t sell here, that’s the best way. Recommended for all the other new authors, it’s not worth it.

I think this is the most hilarious new author that ever existed! :D:D:D

42 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Indonesia
islammunity says

But I think I still allowed to discuss any webdesign/web developing stuff here… yes?
by
by
by
by
by
by