1423 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

And there is one more point that somebody long time ago pointed. That b4 people bought a theme even if they doubted about it no they think more b4 they buy it. But I think its all this factors clumped up together.

408 posts Code Is Poetry
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
gljivec says

Does anyone have some data from popular files of the week? If I look at it now I don’t think the sales are much lower then they were 6 months ago, but it’s hard to tell without the actual numbers.

It’s harder now to get one popular list now though, due to less exposure on the front page since like 20 themes will be on the popular list every week (the ones that already have thousands of sales).

3007 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

@gljivec – who cares about that? that is just hazard and the spirit of “when a lot of them buy, i should buy it too”. It’s really irrelevant. Many of us will make money with steady sales and not with popular items. With the amount of themes spawned out, they are cutting even the start of the steady sales.

356 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
billyf says

I really think that the standards must be raised. I have been seeing a lot of low quality items being added to the homepage in the past few days and sales for the recently-added items aren’t looking too good (out of the top 10 best selling WP themes in the past week, only 1 is added in October. Others are rather ‘old’ themes).

439 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Located in Europe
+1 more
Pixelous says

@gljivec – who cares about that? that is just hazard and the spirit of “when a lot of them buy, i should buy it too”. It’s really irrelevant. Many of us will make money with steady sales and not with popular items. With the amount of themes spawned out, they are cutting even the start of the steady sales.

+1

408 posts Code Is Poetry
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
gljivec says

@duotive – while I agree with you, I think Envato cares about that list. For them I would think the most important thing is that the overall sales go up. While we can all just guess about that, I don’t think the overall sales are droping. What this means for the future is also hard to predict. And I would also like the standards to be raised a bit, rejection just means my Theme will get better :).

1423 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Raising standards will not help. Since the question is how will you raise it, design, quality?

Shure quality could be. But the main problem i see that you guys are exposing here is the design it self. But isn’t design strongly subjective?

If you get in most popular sections it surtenly helps. And about front page exposure… 2 weeks ago we were featured author, but sales were better one week later so it is relative.

There are a lot of cool and very unique items on themeforest that just do not sell. Now if some other item is right by this cool one and that other item does sell and the cool one does not and they have same exposure time what those that tell you? Uniqueness is relative, you have to hit majority of main market buyers not specific small market.

And you have to understand envato that from there point of view they want to offer variety of themes/templates etc. to cover as wide market as they can and more items more choice more buyers.

And this will go on until envato gets a competition market, which by critical mass theory, will be a bit hard :)

408 posts Code Is Poetry
+8 more
gljivec says

@Anps – +1, totally agree with most points.

2445 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
digitalimpact says

@Anps

Envato lowered the standards when they last increased the prices. They would just need to get the standards back to where they were, before we all turn into template monsters.

Sorry guys, am I the only one that’s correlating these 2 things? ...

1423 posts
+5 more
Anps says

For example envato could test this easy. Just increase the number of items shown on front page and we would watch your sales :):):) But i don’t know how much they actually work on analysis of the market it self.

by
by
by
by
by
by