272 posts The Dominant One
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
wptitans says

Just reverse the price increase and raise the standards then the amount of sales will get up and the the amount of new items will be reduced.

We would love to have our themes at 35$, no problem with that and never had. Only when buddypress, commerce functions are added then an increase.

Mojothemes will definitely benefit from the price increase on themeforest, that’s for sure.

1536 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
Anps says

I am not sure, but wasn’t this idea of price increase “spammed” by authors on forums?

357 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
billyf says

I would say increase the standards. Since the price has increased, the quality of items should at least remain if there’s no increase. However, from what I observed in the past week, the overall quality of approved items has dropped.

187 posts straight to the art designs
  • Has referred 200+ members
+9 more
arrowthemes says

Just reverse the price increase and raise the standards then the amount of sales will get up and the the amount of new items will be reduced.

@wptitans – Sometime back you posted some sales stats of your items where (at that time) you were doing ~ $400 per day. With the increase in price and influx of new themes has this changed by any magnitude?

I know for most top authors the net effect of the drop in sales and increase prices isn’t really felt much. Would like to know though.

272 posts The Dominant One
+5 more
wptitans says

@wptitans – Sometime back you posted some sales stats of your items where (at that time) you were doing ~ $400 per day. With the increase in price and influx of new themes has this changed by any magnitude?

I know for most top authors the net effect of the drop in sales and increase prices isn’t really felt much. Would like to know though.

Yes, the daily sales amount have dropped along with the amount of sales.

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

I am not sure, but wasn’t this idea of price increase “spammed” by authors on forums?

We asked for that but we did mot ask for amateur themes to spam the market.

1536 posts
+5 more
Anps says

Excuse me for being blunt, but I would like to know by which criteria are you measuring “amateur”?

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

Excuse me for being blunt, but I would like to know by which criteria are you measuring “amateur”?

Stuff not working. Spacing not good. Fonts blurry. General things that you would expect to be properly taken care of. Even design. Some designs are just dated.

1536 posts
+5 more
Anps says

As I once stated on similar threads, if that was the case then envato should remove some best selling templates just on the note that they are outdated, but they are still best selling. And even if you were/are right there isnt a lot those kind of “bad” templates per day approved and do not effect the exposure time, so it wouldn’t be a solution.

357 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
billyf says

there isnt a lot those kind of “bad” templates per day
Still, when there are so many new submissions per day, items with higher standards should be chosen instead of approving everything which is ‘acceptable’. Some of the best selling items are indeed outdated because they were released long time ago, but I don’t see how new items should have the ‘outdated’ look. It’s not like having a dated design will help to boost an item’s sales.
by
by
by
by
by
by