2715 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+7 more
DanielKeller says
You’re right!

We decided that, since the quality of the items on ThemeForest are light years beyond what we originally launched with, it made sense to increase the pricing in the site template category accordingly. Hopefully, this will bring in some more income for all of you!

• Templates priced below $10 have been increased by $1.
  • $10 templates are now $12.
  • $12 templates are now $15.
  • $15 templates are now $20
My 12$ templates are 14$ .. not 15$ :( Why?
I’ve got the same question…

look at the reply Kriesi wrote, he explains it very well :)

252 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
der says

Yeeeeeeeeahhhh! :D Way to go Envato!

We are da best… ‘nuff said… Nowhere you’ll find the skilled authors we have here at Envato, and Nowhere you’ll find the Quality & Support we provide either…

67 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Headset says

Great stuff! in a couple of weeks no one will complain anyways, I just think that the fact buyers we’rent informed was a bad move, but anyway there is no better deal than buying at TF.

240 posts
  • Located in Canada
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
rarepearldesign says

Most places charge $79.95 – 129.95 for a theme of these standards. I think the price hike was well deserved for the designers.

My ONLY complaint with this site is the one I just ran into. I had a very specific design layout and features I needed but the searching capabilities make it impossible to find anything.

So I had to design my own. If I had of been able to search and came across a theme here, it could have been $200 and I still would have bought it.

13 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
rvs0002 says

Sorry to bring up a dead subject, but I think a way to boost sales is to allow users to deposit however much money into their account that they want. For instance, my account has $11.00 in it. Most of the templates I would purchase are in the $12.00 to $17.00 range. So to buy a $12.00 template, I now need to either deposit 20 more dollars and have a balance of $19.00 that I really need to pay other bills, or buy the template outright for 14.00 and leave my $11.00 sitting there which does me no good. It would be nice if I could just add another few dollars to get what I need.

If money wasn’t so tight in this economy right now, it wouldn’t be a big deal, but I’ve talked to a couple other folks (the ones that turned me on to this place) and they are in the same boat. If there are 3 of us, surely there are a lot more.

Anyway, thanks to all the people on here that contribute outstanding work, just wanted to add my 2 cents and offer a suggestion that I think would bring more sales to all of you.

John

PS – MORE LAYOUTS GEARED TOWARDS ROCK BANDS ! IT IS AN UNTAPPED MARKET !!!

1389 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Pdesignx says

yea the verb is right… increasing… but the subject is not meant to be the prices… all we need to have is the quality increased…

C’mon envato… do not kill yourself! You saw what happened to AD! if you keep accepting tons of files everyday, TF will also become a junkyard that you wont be able to find what you need… if a buyer have hundereds of options he gets confused about what to buy and ends up buying nothing!

JUST ACCEPT ELITE & PERFECT THEMES ! NOT AVARAGE files… all you have to do is that…

342 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
reidknorr says

I totally agree.. more is not always better and this is a serious situation that needs attention. TF will become a junkyard soon, as more and more mediocre themes keep getting accepted. I’ve been an avid supporter of themeforest but the current track has got me wondering what the future will bring. I truly feel that quality requirements need to be pushed up yet again.

180 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
SuperMario290 says

Wow! It doesn’t affect me at all but I’m happy for all of the authors that get a little extra moolah from each template. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by