4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
themeHistory says

I’m completely new to themeForest, but as a person who is watching from outside of your business I can say that if someone REALLY wants an item then he will buy it, $35 or $50. but yeah for some authors if there isn’t any unique item in collection then I can say you ‘may’ have some sale drop. maybe it was better if price increase happens more times but with less amount.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Trowblast says

Well… first time posting here, so Hello everyone :)

I just got here because I noticed the price increase, and made a quick search on Google… As a buyer I think this price would not make any difference if you already have a use for the theme in question. But sometimes I like to buy a theme, just because it looks nice and I might use in the future… and to be honest, this price increase would make me think twice about those non-used themes.

1703 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

I think the price increase pushes and encourages authors to produce even higher quality rather than pushing them to provide support. Makes sense to me reading the above comments here.

2204 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

My items did not have an increase so I really cannot say anything about it.

Cheers

Lester

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in United Kingdom
themaynedesign says

I’ve bought three themes at the earlier price point to check out what was available and how they’d shape up against free themes.

I had no problem with the cost of themes going up – as my clients will save my development time vs. the theme cost, a win for everyone.

The downside is of course that I’m less inclined to purchase Themes to have a play around given the increment in cost.

How can this be offset? It would be good to see the additional licence, after the first purchase, discounted to keep folks honest.

I have no illusion on the work that has gone on behind the scenes to create the themes, and the support effort after the sale, I would like to see authors rewarded for their commitment, and repeat (and honest) purchasers rewarded for repeat purchase of a theme.

The ultimate answer – a try-before-you-buy set up allowing export of settings, purchase of the theme, and import to my own hosting. This solves any client concerns and allows a pre-purchase play around and screenshots to be sent to my client.

Hope this post is useful in shaping the future.

Thanks – Amanda

1791 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Don’t want to name names but there are some places where you can get a yearly membership for less than a theme here.
Those themes are the worst designed & worst coded themes on the entire internet! If you really compare a membership site with the themes on here you clearly have no good taste or knowledge! Sorry for the harsh treatment, but i’m really sick how buyers like you don’t know to appreciate the value of what they get. You are getting two months of my hard work for $50 and you’re complaining! That’s scandalous and ridiculous!
Agree with Ruben. Sorry, but assuming “all you can eat” projects can even remotely match quality of elite TF authors is blasphemy. So, in fact you will be spending your hours (how much is your hourly rate?) fixing and tweaking “cheap” theme instead of just getting “expensive” TF theme and your site up & running. Buyers, please use common sense and make right choice when looking for a WP theme. Look no further than TF!

so ET(elegantthemes) has the worst designed & the worst coded themes, because they’re cheap? That’s rubbish. Before talking, at least make sure what you say is at least 1% true. ;)

46 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
DockThemes says

Don’t want to name names but there are some places where you can get a yearly membership for less than a theme here.
Those themes are the worst designed & worst coded themes on the entire internet! If you really compare a membership site with the themes on here you clearly have no good taste or knowledge! Sorry for the harsh treatment, but i’m really sick how buyers like you don’t know to appreciate the value of what they get. You are getting two months of my hard work for $50 and you’re complaining! That’s scandalous and ridiculous!
Agree with Ruben. Sorry, but assuming “all you can eat” projects can even remotely match quality of elite TF authors is blasphemy. So, in fact you will be spending your hours (how much is your hourly rate?) fixing and tweaking “cheap” theme instead of just getting “expensive” TF theme and your site up & running. Buyers, please use common sense and make right choice when looking for a WP theme. Look no further than TF!
so ET(elegantthemes) has the worst designed & the worst coded themes, because they’re cheap? That’s rubbish. Before talking, at least make sure what you say is at least 1% true. ;)

They have bad templates not because they are cheap. They are cheap because they have bad themes.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in United Kingdom
nimalan says

Well… first time posting here, so Hello everyone :) I just got here because I noticed the price increase, and made a quick search on Google… As a buyer I think this price would not make any difference if you already have a use for the theme in question. But sometimes I like to buy a theme, just because it looks nice and I might use in the future… and to be honest, this price increase would make me think twice about those non-used themes.

+1 falling same category!...

2230 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
crozer says

Wow, I’m away for a few days and now this sector of the marketplace(s) has gone crazy. It seems as if Envato is walking on a minefield, rather roughly.

To all those complaining, the ideal pricing-structure was one that separated theme-cost from theme-support. That way, a buyer could choose to purchase a theme as-is, without support, or pay the extra support-fee and get the theme + its author’s support. Now that theme’s have developed so much and are truly extending WP’s capabilities to the maximum, the theme-cost alone would have needed an increase (and if this price wasn’t attached to its support, etc.) the price increase wouldn’t have been as drastic. I guess it is a very complex situation and system, which is why Envato opted for the AIO price.

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

If you know of a marketplace that has better themes than you can find here send me a private message. I am curious. I looked all over the place and did not find such quality anywhere.

EDIT : also you should update your ads so we do not lie on what we have here for sale – http://imm.io/sg1Z

by
by
by
by
by
by