1029 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

EDIT : also you should update your ads so we do not lie on what we have here for sale – http://imm.io/sg1Z

There is still a lot of themes for 35$ so it’s not a lie ;)

20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
themebakers says

EDIT : also you should update your ads so we do not lie on what we have here for sale – http://imm.io/sg1Z

even some are still priced at $30 e.g. ours only theme sells for $30 as it went from $20 to $30 ;)

585 posts Themes and Graphics
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
Bebel says

Mmmh sales have been incredible low since the price increase but this might just have other factors.

The new price structure is a big step in the right direction. Themes here are still top notch and above what other marketplaces have in stores so I don’t really see how you could go somewhere else to buy your themes…

It’s also envatos obligation as a major player in the WordPress community to make sure professionals can live from what they create, so raising the price is good news for the whole WordPress theme community.

As I said in previous posts though – we now have to do something about the frontpage! It’s crowded and new items just don’t get the attention they deserve. Maybe someone from the HQ can tell us why they chose to lower the quality standarts etc…?

Another big big step in the right direction would be to improve search. It’s really hard for me to find a theme that exactly fits my needs. In the end I only look into new ones because finding quality items that are a few months old is very hard..

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

even some are still priced at $30 e.g. ours only theme sells for $30 as it went from $20 to $30 ;)

The advertisement should be with the majority of the themes and not with a few. That is what i think.

28 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Portugal
GhostMaster says

Mmmh sales have been incredible low since the price increase but this might just have other factors.

The new price structure is a big step in the right direction. Themes here are still top notch and above what other marketplaces have in stores so I don’t really see how you could go somewhere else to buy your themes…

It’s also envatos obligation as a major player in the WordPress community to make sure professionals can live from what they create, so raising the price is good news for the whole WordPress theme community.

As I said in previous posts though – we now have to do something about the frontpage! It’s crowded and new items just don’t get the attention they deserve. Maybe someone from the HQ can tell us why they chose to lower the quality standarts etc…?

Another big big step in the right direction would be to improve search. It’s really hard for me to find a theme that exactly fits my needs. In the end I only look into new ones because finding quality items that are a few months old is very hard..

I think this price update its bad for everybody… Sales will became lower to authors… 35$ its a hot spot for wordpress themes.

332 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123 says

I literally have no choice because I’m so comfortable and dependent on TF that I’m really deign to trust anyone else for themes. I occasionally make one-off purchases elsewhere but I rely on TF for most of my business. I think TF will take a hit because newbies may not always take the time to get more familiar with TF. I still maintain that the $40, $50 themes should be priced a dollar lower.

64 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Located in United States
agent8 says

Price increase is understandable – but for designers ur not just selling 35 theme to one person. envato is allowing you and us to sell multiple times on one item – so if you make really nice theme – 3000 sales of 35 dollars brings you good money.

I was buying one / two themes a week just to buy and play with. Haven’t bought one since the increase simply because its too much unless I have a designated use for it.

Also as i stated earlier – I honestly see all of these themes the same in past few weeks. Not a lot of WOW factor coming out lately – Responsive themes are great, but not much other than the typical 960 grid look – predictable menu in the header – jquery slider of some sort – then your typical 3 call out boxes-or four underneath – then some more typical stuff – then the same looking footer that everyone has. As a coder – I just go and grab code and punch it in…where are the retro looking sites that are the fad now? Where are the music themes, there are 8000 photography templates and 15 restaurant templates…look if I see a theme like that – I will pay 100 for. My point is the quality – I know the work that goes in because I’m learning quickly – where are theatre themes? Irish pub themes, racing themes, Nightclub themes – are these too hard to design? As a designer I listen to the buyers. And again I don’t see a problem with the increase… I’m just more picky now….and as a designer – I’m not feeling a lot of the product coming out – Just my feelings.

9 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
ryanmalin says

My impulse purchasing has stopped since the increase though Envato will still be the only marketplace I buy from (just less often I think). Too many items in my account that were never actually used (launched) so I was already more hesitant to buy and the price increase only made me less trigger happy on the buy button.

I agree the search function needs improving.

499 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says

I honestly see all of these themes the same in past few weeks. Not a lot of WOW factor coming out lately – Responsive themes are great, but not much other than the typical 960 grid look – predictable menu in the header – jquery slider of some sort – then your typical 3 call out boxes-or four underneath – then some more typical stuff – then the same looking footer that everyone has…..where are theatre themes? Irish pub themes, racing themes, Nightclub themes – are these too hard to design? As a designer I listen to the buyers. And again I don’t see a problem with the increase… I’m just more picky now….and as a designer – I’m not feeling a lot of the product coming out – Just my feelings.

They are not hard to design. The only reason you don’t see these kind of themes is because you wont get 3000 sales with those themes. Just because your clients want such themes doesn’t mean there is a big market for them here. Even if many clients did want such themes, they wouldn’t want them to look alike. These kind of custom themes are not big sellers, so the investment of an author’s time is not going to pay off, its as simple as that.

Additionally , the higher the bar goes regarding features and difficulty of approval, then the more time needs to be invested by the author, and hence the less willing they are to take a risk on a custom design/themed item. Also as long as generic themes are getting 100+ sales / week, which they have been doing for a long time now, the new stuff will stay generic, this is a simple obvious fact.

DOK

548 posts
tonvie says

As a buyer, I’ve been consistent in saying the prices should go up but only if Envato improves on their end.

Now, let’s see if Envato uses the money wisely and gets a, ahem, more thorough review process to make sure themes actually work as advertised or just aren’t simply stolen from another author and renamed.

For 50 bucks, I’m actually going to expect the theme to work out of the box from now on…not three weeks later for version 1.1 after 100+ customers help an author bang the bugs out of their own theme. Cheers.

Heya Cline123 ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by