42 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
djmceltic says

Where is the right place to express opinions about themes? I am actually wanting to know. If you say anything about a theme that doesn’t work the comment gets deleted or the thread gets locked. I am not sure that is a good characteristic of a trusted site.

15 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
themebakers says

there should be a wordpress theme marketplace with elite authors ( even without elite badge ) but who care about their themes. not many themes, but high quality, and support. and who gets complaints gets banned from it. i would love that and i hate the amount of crappy themes they accept. i looked at one today and i did not believe my eyes what a piece of crap it was.

Why would Envato do so? I will give you a fine example of a theme by an Elite author which hits the weekly top sellers page every week and that theme, according to your opinion, is a slap on the face of quality standards and while none of your themes is hitting the weekly top sellers page (I admit that your themes are of highest quality from designing point of view).

So just beautiful looking themes don’t guarantee lots of sales. I believe there are many factors for a theme to sell well and some of them include usefulness, luck etc. Envato would prefer a crappy theme (just saying) selling like a hot cake than a beautiful theme not bringning any sales.

42 posts
djmceltic says

All of our comments will be flagged. haha

5347 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

Hadn’t had a chance to see last weeks popular stats until now. Surprised to see that overall there’s a pretty small change form the week before. And this is probably a bad time to compare sales as they usually dip in the summer a little. So small change probably means a few people explored other options. My guess is they’ll be back.

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

there should be a wordpress theme marketplace with elite authors ( even without elite badge ) but who care about their themes. not many themes, but high quality, and support. and who gets complaints gets banned from it. i would love that and i hate the amount of crappy themes they accept. i looked at one today and i did not believe my eyes what a piece of crap it was.

Why would Envato do so? I will give you a fine example of a theme by an Elite author which hits the weekly top sellers page every week and that theme, according to your opinion, is a slap on the face of quality standards and while none of your themes is hitting the weekly top sellers page (I admit that your themes are of highest quality from designing point of view).

So just beautiful looking themes don’t guarantee lots of sales. I believe there are many factors for a theme to sell well and some of them include usefulness, luck etc. Envato would prefer a crappy theme (just saying) selling like a hot cake than a beautiful theme not bringning any sales.

First of all i did not say any theme names on here, so you do not know what i believe. That is probably your point of view. It’s a matter of luck, not the theme itself + the general knolage with the customers about design quality. We will still offer high quality design and themes even if we will not be on the top sellers every week.

We will not and cannot create themes that look like the 2000s. And if you consider that our themes do not bring any sales, you are wrong. we have happy customers that still buy our themes, not on that high volume as the top sellers.

2578 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

Time to close this thread right?

42 posts
djmceltic says

Duotive actually makes very high quality themes that I would gladly pay $50 for. His point is that if a buyer like me pays $40-50 for a crappy theme, and that buyer has a bad experience (because theme is crappy), then duotive will in the long run will have less sales because of the perceived association of all themes on TF.

I am not sure why certain themes sell better and certain good themes don’t. I think for one there needs to be a better description of themes and users should get to see theme documentation. Then we will be less likely to buy a bad theme. I for one give my clients a list of 10-15 suitable themes (from TF and other sites) with a small note next to each one. Then client picks based on how theme looks, certain theme functions, and my notes (and I have to say most of my notes on TF themes has told client that there is a risk that not all functions may work in theme).

by
by
by
by
by
by