3 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
EasyRider says

As a buyer I just don’t pull the trigger as quickly. Now that prices are higher I question my purchases to see if I really need it. Before, I would buy items and hope to use them in the future (some of which were never used). I think higher prices are loosing out sales to more impulsive buyers.

For $100 or so you used to be able to buy about 3 themes, now, most likely just 2. That’s a big change.

I am a lot more likely now to buy cheaper site template or psd. I wonder if their sales are up?

5 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
cfb1972 says

As a buyer I just don’t pull the trigger as quickly. Now that prices are higher I question my purchases to see if I really need it. Before, I would buy items and hope to use them in the future (some of which were never used). I think higher prices are loosing out sales to more impulsive buyers.

For $100 or so you used to be able to buy about 3 themes, now, most likely just 2. That’s a big change.

I am a lot more likely now to buy cheaper site template or psd. I wonder if their sales are up?

Absolutely agree. I was going to buy Modernize, one of the themes I had my eyes onto but now I’m looking for something else. To be honest they are good themes but at the increased price I can go some other place to find similar. At $50 a theme I’m looking somewhere else.

964 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+2 more
purethemes says

Absolutely agree. I was going to buy Modernize, one of the themes I had my eyes onto but now I’m looking for something else. To be honest they are good themes but at the increased price I can go some other place to find similar. At $50 a theme I’m looking somewhere else.

So you’re saying that time you’ll spend for searching another theme (and risk you won’t find anything as good as Modernize) is worth less than 10$ more you have to pay for it now?

And back to original question in that thread – sales seem to be back to previous level, only beginning of this week was slow.

248 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
dwhitmore says

As someone who has spent approx. $2,000 here, I think it’s a scandal that some buyers are whinging about the price increase. Paying around £30 for an entire site, coded brilliantly and supported well, is just unimaginably good. I don’t buy themes because I haven’t got the ability to design and code them myself, I buy them because they literally save me 100’s of hours. The value on that can’t easily be measured.

Anyone moaning about an extra $10 needs to get a f*cking grip.

Dan

5 posts
cfb1972 says

I personally won’t spend that much time because I know where to go ;) but now with the price increase I’ll look around more. Don’t want to name names but there are some places where you can get a yearly membership for less than a theme here. I don’t say you don’t do a good job, some of the themes are absolutely brilliant. What I say is now the choices for the buyers are greater because at $50 a theme you’ll think twice what you can buy with those money. Good luck with the sales and a thumb up for dwhitmore’s comment above lol.

255 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United States
BuchmannDesign says

So you’re saying that time you’ll spend for searching another theme (and risk you won’t find anything as good as Modernize) is worth less than 10$ more you have to pay for it now? And back to original question in that thread – sales seem to be back to previous level, only beginning of this week was slow.

Yep, I agree… people complain about a little increase (for most themes), and look elsewhere, wasting hours of their time and money, and only probably end up coming back here. They could just spend $10 and be done with it.

I also think that I think sales will decrease a “bit”, but only from impulse buyers. I think impulse buyers are the minority here (i hope!). But I think overall our profits will be a bit higher. I guess it will take a few weeks to know for sure what will happen.

A lot of people here say they can’t afford $50 for a theme… they say it like the price “increased” $50 (they’re paying $50 more than before). No, they’re paying $10-15 more in most cases. People who don’t want to pay $10-15 more for a theme which will save them 100’s of hours, or even thousands of dollars, are really undervaluing what theme authors do.

Back on topic… As far as sales for me this week, it’s on par with the usual. No real gain or loss in quantity sold. But with the price increase, yesterday was my highest profiting day ever! :D

51 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
Authentic says

As someone who has spent approx. $2,000 here, I think it’s a scandal that some buyers are whinging about the price increase. Paying around £30 for an entire site, coded brilliantly and supported well, is just unimaginably good. I don’t buy themes because I haven’t got the ability to design and code them myself, I buy them because they literally save me 100’s of hours. The value on that can’t easily be measured.

Anyone moaning about an extra $10 needs to get a f*cking grip.

Dan

You sir are a champion :smitten:

248 posts
  • United Kingdom
dwhitmore says

Haha! :)

16 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
midnetdesigns says

Humm lets see i was going to buy a theme that was priced at $25 dollars it jumped to $55 dollars that is not a $10-$15 dollar increase its a $30 dollar increase which it a big difference. You authors need to pay attation to what we are saying as buyers $10 more isnt nothing but when you see theme priced at $25 dollars jump $30 dollars in price to $55 you start saying wtf! Im sorry i know how the wp development game is played here by some authors you get a your framework hammered out and you just reskin it and remove or adding options as need which ive seen from buying a couple themes here and there.

Beside authors need to understand that buyers are paying their bills so stop complaining about them. Beside youll see most of these or 98% of the post in these forums are by authors and not buyers. Maybe its time you engage all the buyers not the few that post replys in the forums to get true facts.

248 posts
  • United Kingdom
dwhitmore says

As a buyer of ‘1-9’ items you need to wind it in. I’m a buyer and I’m fully behind the price increase. I see the quality of themes improving as a result of potentially higher profits for the authors (more/better authors will join the community).

I’d be very surprised if a theme jumped $30 due to the price changes, as the intention was to increase by $5-10 for the most part. If indeed what you’re saying is true, I expect either a) the theme had a ton of features added to it or b) the theme was accidentally underpriced beforehand.

Also, who cares if authors re-purpose some of their framework(s)? It’s their initial hard work paying off – that’s how many businesses work.

Dan

by
by
by
by
by
by