3194 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

$10-$50 dollar increase isn’t anything you can’t hire a good developer/designer for an hour at what costs you to get a full theme, if you are buying themes and “setting them up” simple Charge your clients more

I don’t think power buyers realize that this will benefit you in terms of support not that authors will have more resources because likely hood the drop in sales will still equal the same profit but heres the real reason why http://sachagreif.com/why-cheap-customers-cost-more/

now for the fact of authors using the same framework and “re-skinning” them well why the * would you rewrite a framework for every theme? 1 solid framework = less bugs, less problems, less support requests because of both those

3194 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

As a buyer of ‘1-9’ items you need to wind it in.

Also, who cares if authors re-purpose some of their framework(s)? It’s their initial hard work paying off – that’s how many businesses work.

Dan

I love you

3437 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

Don’t want to name names but there are some places where you can get a yearly membership for less than a theme here.
Those themes are the worst designed & worst coded themes on the entire internet! If you really compare a membership site with the themes on here you clearly have no good taste or knowledge!

Sorry for the harsh treatment, but i’m really sick how buyers like you don’t know to appreciate the value of what they get. You are getting two months of my hard work for $50 and you’re complaining! That’s scandalous and ridiculous!

63 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
m1chelangel0 says

As a buyer of ‘1-9’ items you need to wind it in. I’m a buyer and I’m fully behind the price increase. I see the quality of themes improving as a result of potentially higher profits for the authors (more/better authors will join the community).

I’d be very surprised if a theme jumped $30 due to the price changes, as the intention was to increase by $5-10 for the most part. If indeed what you’re saying is true, I expect either a) the theme had a ton of features added to it or b) the theme was accidentally underpriced beforehand.

Also, who cares if authors re-purpose some of their framework(s)? It’s their initial hard work paying off – that’s how many businesses work.

Dan

Truth :)

405 posts Code Is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Europe
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+3 more
gljivec says

As a buyer of ‘1-9’ items you need to wind it in. I’m a buyer and I’m fully behind the price increase. I see the quality of themes improving as a result of potentially higher profits for the authors (more/better authors will join the community).

I’d be very surprised if a theme jumped $30 due to the price changes, as the intention was to increase by $5-10 for the most part. If indeed what you’re saying is true, I expect either a) the theme had a ton of features added to it or b) the theme was accidentally underpriced beforehand.

Dan

Hehe nice one :)

8 posts
CrucialCounty says

As a buyer… I won’t be spending as much money on Themeforest as a whole. I will be more strategic and buy less frequently. I also think it is the worst time to increase, atleast here in America, because our economy is so bad. It’s expensive to live. So every dollar makes a difference. I was able to buy 3 themes for roughly $100… now it’s closer to 2. For the authors that get my money… they will benefit… but Themeforest as a whole… not nearly as much.

I’ve purchased themes that I never used because I thought they were so cool and I thought I would use them… but now I will ONLY buy if I KNOW I will use them. So as much as I want to be happy for authors making more money… I’m not so sure Themeforest will benefit as much as authors that create a UNIQUE theme.

It seems like sales for Wordpress themes on Themeforest have dropped so much!!! I am seeing AMAZING themes only sell like 20-30 times! So in my opinion… now is the WORST time to increase.

16 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
midnetdesigns says

Dan

Just for your information i have another account that my partner and i use for making all our purchases in which we have spent more than $1200 dollars \ in the past 4 months dont use that 1-9 item badge crap cause its incorrect. And i keep seeing the price increase is for support which im sure it isnt. As it wouldn’t be fair to users that never ask for support. If you want the price to be higher due to support maybe have envato create a way that users can op in when buying an item for support for a price difference.

It might be better to try thinking a little bit before you respond next time because it can cause these types of discussions to get heated.

51 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
Authentic says

As for the price increases I think you can attribute that to better functions and inflation over the last few years. It is nothing to do with support; authors were just stating they would boost their support now prices have increased; which is their personal decision.

In reality a theme should save you considerable time, effort and in the end save you money. If this is not the case something very wrong is happening. If you are using these themes for client projects possibly you are underpricing your time and should consider increasing your rates also.

255 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
BuchmannDesign says

If Envato slowly increased rates over the years instead of doing one large jump, then buyers wouldn’t be freaking out.

Also, along with the price hike, it would be a good idea to also offer buyers more value… for example, I’d love if Themeforest had it’s own theme support forum for authors. Many of us run our own forums, and that’s great, but it’s a hassle for buyers of many themes to have to log into multiple forums for support. Would be great to have a single support forum for all themes. This kind of value addon would help justify the price increase, and also prevent buyers from shopping at other sites.

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says

If some buyers are voicing here that the prices increase is a bad thing, that doesn’t mean that every buyer thinks the same.

We are1.6 million users… obviously some disagree and the voice their thoughts in the forum, but I wouldn’t generalize. Probably the majority of buyers don’t care to pay 5-10-15$ more for our themes.

:)

by
by
by
by
by
by