• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
contempoinc says

If some buyers are voicing here that the prices increase is a bad thing, that doesn’t mean that every buyer thinks the same.

We are1.6 million users… obviously some disagree and the voice their thoughts in the forum, but I wouldn’t generalize. Probably the majority of buyers don’t care to pay 5-10-15$ more for our themes.

:)

Agreed.

626 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
Dream-Theme says

As of late evening of Friday I can say that sales in numbers are practically same as it was before price increase. and this despite the fact that we haven’t released anything new in WP category for very long time. Nevertheless, revenue grew by ~15%. I hope this trend will not change.

382 posts Code Is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Europe
+3 more
gljivec says

We have released new theme, but we didn’t notice any drops on sales on Themeforest. Could be because of new theme.

We only notice drop of sale in CodeCanyon.

I think price increase didn’t change anything about sales on Themeforest.

5277 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

If some buyers are voicing here that the prices increase is a bad thing, that doesn’t mean that every buyer thinks the same.

On the contrary. In business, when a customer takes the time to give feedback, they represent a large percentage of customers who feel the same way.

• United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
+5 more
CodingJack says

I also think it is the worst time to increase, atleast here in America, because our economy is so bad. It’s expensive to live.

This is one of the reasons I was so suprised at the level of increases. It’s a presidential election here in the U.S., and the poor economy is the #1 issue. It dominates the news, which means we’re being reminded about it everytime we turn on the television.

I understand authors want to charge appropriate prices. As a CodeCanyon author, I feel the same way. But a $5 increase wouldn’t have effected sales whatsoever, followed by more frequent price increases to finally reach the goal.

WordPress authors may think, “well less ales at a higher price still evens out”. This is true. But less sales means less traffic as well. And this equals less revenue for Envato’s other products.

Perception is king when it comes to purchasing. Buyers don’t see $15, they see 43%. And because of this, it really boggles my mind why we price things at whole numbers ($50 vs. $49).

• United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
+5 more
CodingJack says

I dont think you guys can really compare sales until you have 1-3 months of data

+1 There’s probably a storm to weather here. Customers could be on other sites seeing if they can get a better bargain. And they may even be trying those sites to see how the experience goes. But if TF still has the best combination of price + support they’ll come back afterward.

177 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
xdkd says

Don’t want to name names but there are some places where you can get a yearly membership for less than a theme here.
Those themes are the worst designed & worst coded themes on the entire internet! If you really compare a membership site with the themes on here you clearly have no good taste or knowledge! Sorry for the harsh treatment, but i’m really sick how buyers like you don’t know to appreciate the value of what they get. You are getting two months of my hard work for $50 and you’re complaining! That’s scandalous and ridiculous!

Agree with Ruben. Sorry, but assuming “all you can eat” projects can even remotely match quality of elite TF authors is blasphemy. So, in fact you will be spending your hours (how much is your hourly rate?) fixing and tweaking “cheap” theme instead of just getting “expensive” TF theme and your site up & running. Buyers, please use common sense and make right choice when looking for a WP theme. Look no further than TF!

177 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
xdkd says
As it wouldn’t be fair to users that never ask for support.

That’s a nice one. I’ve yet to see such a user)

7 posts
  • United Kingdom
Dogmut says

I think the % increase is way too high and out of proportion to other industry increases. I did not make two purchases based on the increase and went elsewhere. In the greater scheme of things 2 purchases is nothing but how many other people have changed their minds and gone elsewhere. As a buyer of themes I see the increase as too much in one go – not impressed.

1644 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
dnp_theme says

[text removed for piracy talk. Thanks!]

by