15 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
gmdpickett says

Not to mention it’s human nature that with a price increase there will be an expectation that the themes will be that much better – a 50% increase in price should amount to a 50% increase in value and support.
I kindly disagree with you. Price increases are happening due to inflation yearly. The only problem here is that Envato did not care about inflation yet. My bottom line is, I wouldn’t expect more from the butter I buy, the milk I drink or the paper I sketch on just because it increases its price yearly. I hope you can follow my thoughts.

Another point is: there are already lots of authors that plan their themes well, spend days on documenting it and reply to each and every support request. What could such authors possibly do better if it was obligated in order to justify a price increase?

You can disagree with human nature all you want – the reason that we simply put up with inflation is that it’s a necessary evil. There are other websites out there that offer some great themes – and at times I utilize them over TF if I don’t find a theme here to suit my needs. You will always have buyers that are willing to spend a bit more – I find it funny that you had to find an argument in my statement when I actually complimented most of the authors on this site through-out my statement – holding a grudge will is not good Karma.

The reason that we don’t expect more out of eggs when the price of them go up is that there aren’t competing chickens laying better eggs than the other chickens, there aren’t cows that can produce a higher grade of milk if we’d be willing to pay $10 more – not to mention I get full support on each of those products – if I get home open up my milk and it’s sour I can get a full refund on it.

815 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says

Slightly higher price = slightly less sales (maybe) = same profit = less support burden

+1000

Buyers with cheap hosting and no knowledge who are willing to spend minimum for a theme are killing the sales with their ignorant comments.

1028 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

btw, if you’ve downloaded anything from premiumpixels and checked your email today, you probably know already how Orman solved problem with pricing ;) smart

323 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
squaredWeb says

Well its a logical step for him with the current price to quality and support work ratio being way off. I hope such a step by one of the best / most successful authors will change a few things.

258 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
BuchmannDesign says

I’m sure a $5 increase across the board wouldn’t decrease sales at all. ... The key is that all themes in all categories go up the same relative amount.

I was fortunate enough to get in on the price adjustment tool a few months ago. Sales actually increased, and still months later hasn’t slowed down. I applied to get another increase, but I was too late.

2296 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Orman is not the only one working towards doing this kind of thing from the top author list I can tell you – TF you may be losing a lot of income here soon, time to start listening to your authors.

Jonathan

2296 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
+8 more
jonathan01 says

it’s a competing website – hence not allowed

203 posts I'm a Husky Designer
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
designcrumbs says

Slightly higher price = slightly less sales (maybe) = same profit = less support burden

+1000

Buyers with cheap hosting and no knowledge who are willing to spend minimum for a theme are killing the sales with their ignorant comments.

That’s business 101. A lot of businesses experiment with pricing to find that ‘sweet spot’.

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Carmen says

Hi guys, I’ve just read through the comments on this thread and I have to say I’m really disappointed at the tone and direction this thread has taken. Everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as they are respectful of others. Some have displayed a rather nasty tone and I would like to say that although we encourage discussion, we certainly don’t condone people shutting others out or being malicious. We’ve noticed in general that things have been getting quite heated and people have been getting frustrated. Please take a moment to to re-familiarise yourself with the forum rules and remember that we can and will act upon any inappropriate behaviour.

2241 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+11 more
crozer says

Hi guys, I’ve just read through the comments on this thread and I have to say I’m really disappointed at the tone and direction this thread has taken. Everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as they are respectful of others. Some have displayed a rather nasty tone and I would like to say that although we encourage discussion, we certainly don’t condone people shutting others out or being malicious. We’ve noticed in general that things have been getting quite heated and people have been getting frustrated. Please take a moment to to re-familiarise yourself with the forum rules and remember that we can and will act upon any inappropriate behaviour.

Sadly, Carmen, with all the respect I have towards you and the whole Envato family, it is getting really frustrating for us authors as well – and because the matter we are dealing with involves money, our businesses and (in some cases) a livelihood, things will get heated; specially if we feel that we are not being heard.

by
by
by
by
by
by