• Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 4
  • Collector Level 4
  • Envato Team
+14 more
jremick
Envato team
says

Hi everyone, apologies for the lack of response here. Unfortunately we’ve just not been able to give this project the attention that it needs and we don’t want to make any changes without thoroughly evaluating the data, etc. Having said that, we haven’t shelved the project, it’s just been delayed more than anticipated.

As soon as we’ve made more significant progress, we’ll post an update either via forums or the Notes blog.

Thanks for your patience everyone and, again, apologies for the wait on this.

163 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 8
  • Collector Level 2
+6 more
starshade
says

Any news?

By the looks of it I would say they decided not do to at changes, at least not until 2013 :D

177 posts
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 4
  • Collector Level 3
+2 more
xdkd
says
I’ve received a client letter:
Hi Anthony, I have to tell you I’m loving your Agency theme! It’s very similar to aphotofolo’s websites, which cost $1,000.
I checked those sites, and they indeed cost $1000, work much the same as Agency and based on Flash of all the technologies. Why are we selling this for $35, again?
223 posts King of the Freakin' Interwebs
  • Featured Item
  • Trendsetter
  • Elite Author
  • Featured Author
+9 more
designcrumbs
says

Hi everyone, apologies for the lack of response here. Unfortunately we’ve just not been able to give this project the attention that it needs and we don’t want to make any changes without thoroughly evaluating the data, etc. Having said that, we haven’t shelved the project, it’s just been delayed more than anticipated.

As soon as we’ve made more significant progress, we’ll post an update either via forums or the Notes blog.

Unfortunately, I don’t think any authors are surprised by this; Which says a lot.

3757 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Spain
  • Author Level 8
  • Featured Author
+11 more
pezflash
says

Why are we selling this for $35, again?

Because if templates cost $1.000 you will earn good money with the couple of sales you could get.
But not Envato. And this is their business, not ours. ;)

1141 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 6
  • Collector Level 4
+3 more
KarmaThemes
says

Unfortunately, I don’t think any authors are surprised by this; Which says a lot.

Yup, and that’s kind of sad. Isn’t it? I’m frankly considering severe changes to my business model. Envato might not care about this either, as there’s an infinite number of authors waiting to step in.

2468 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 2
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
digitalimpact
says

Why are we selling this for $35, again?
Because if templates cost $1.000 you will earn good money with the couple of sales you could get.
But not Envato. And this is their business, not ours. ;)

Says the man who ‘Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars’. Are you donating all your earnings? :D

Jokes aside, even though I’m nowhere near the previous posters, postponing such an important issue is not a good sign. Guys, I think that pipeline is about to get stuck. :)

16 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 4
  • United States
voudini
says

I would agree that an increase would be nice… IF YOU DEVELOPERS COULD MAKE THEMES THAT ACTUALLY WORK !!!

2468 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 2
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
digitalimpact
says

I would agree that an increase would be nice… IF YOU DEVELOPERS COULD MAKE THEMES THAT ACTUALLY WORK !!!

If a theme does not work as advertised, you can contact support for a refund. :)

2258 posts Digital Artist
  • Front Page Master
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
+15 more
crozer
says

Yeah.. we only sell themes to trick you into thinking they actually work. But they don’t. It’s all a nifty little scam. Hah!

by
by
by
by
by
by