• Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Europe
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+3 more
gljivec says

I’ll get another update either tomorrow or Thursday indicating when the change will go through.
I might be really impatient, but I’m sure I’m not the only one here dying to hear some news and if I’m correct, Thursday is ending in Melbourne office ;)

+1

841 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+3 more
Jordan_M Staff says

Since it’s already past Thursday in Australia, where are the price changes ? Where’s notes announcement ? Another postpone I guess ?

Nope, no delay! Vahid said in his post – that he would have an update from the team on our status with the changes. We’re in the final stages of preparation and there will be a public update on Monday AU time. :)

382 posts Code Is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Europe
+3 more
gljivec says

Since it’s already past Thursday in Australia, where are the price changes ? Where’s notes announcement ? Another postpone I guess ?
Nope, no delay! Vahid said in his post – that he would have an update from the team on our status with the changes. We’re in the final stages of preparation and there will be a public update on Monday AU time. :)

That’s great news, can’t wait to see the changes:)

5277 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

One of the reasons html templates don’t sell so good is exactly this small price difference. Let’s be honest, compared to a full options wordpress theme such as udesign, html templates are just worthless.

Plenty of buyers LIKE manually customizing their own site. They’re buyers who are comfortable with HTML and feel more in control of their site than having to rely on a backend to create everything exactly the way they want it. They’re also people who don’t plan on updating their site that often, and therefore using a CMS doesn’t appeal to them.

We’re all here because of the success of FlashDen. And FlashDen’s pricing always has been and still is higher than TF and CC. So if FlashDen can flourish with higher prices, I don’t understand why TF and CC can’t either.

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

One of the reasons html templates don’t sell so good is exactly this small price difference. Let’s be honest, compared to a full options wordpress theme such as udesign, html templates are just worthless.

Plenty of buyers LIKE manually customizing their own site. They’re buyers who are comfortable with HTML and feel more in control of their site than having to rely on a backend to create everything exactly the way they want it. They’re also people who don’t plan on updating their site that often, and therefore using a CMS doesn’t appeal to them.

We’re all here because of the success of FlashDen. And FlashDen’s pricing always has been and still is higher than TF and CC. So if FlashDen can flourish with higher prices, I don’t understand why TF and CC can’t either.

well said man.

6769 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
doru says

We’re in the final stages of preparation and there will be a public update on Monday AU time. :)

hurray!! lower prices for everyone!!

269 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Kopyov says

I don’t think that prices for other categories should be raised now. Last time when these were raised(for html templates), wordpress prices weren’t taken into consideration and now we have many html templates priced at $20 which is very close to the wordpress prices of $35. One of the reasons html templates don’t sell so good is exactly this small price difference. Let’s be honest, compared to a full options wordpress theme such as udesign, html templates are just worthless.

Blame Envato for not raising the wordpress theme prices back then when they did it for html templates. Now it will be a bad move and will make the html templates sell even less.

Disagree. For example Admin templates. It takes around 2 – 3 months to create quality, full of features and unique design template. For admin templates and for WP themes as well support stuff takes 50% of working time after release. And the price is a bit higher than for usual HTML template. I’m trying to keep a good quality of support, but anyway i vote for at least $25 as an average price for admin template and $30 as a maximum price. Also for a bit lower price for extended license for them. There aren’t too many backend panels here and as far as i know this is the only one place where people can buy them for… $18 in average. I’m just trying to say that would be great if highest price borders will be increased, for example keep the same minimum and increase the maximum for $10 and set the price depending on the quality and uniqueness

149 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
starshade says

well said man.

I was pointing out at the complexity of html templates compared to wordpress themes and not their usefulness. Obviously there are still lots of clients who prefer / need html templates and they are a very important part of themeforest, but my opinion is that the difference between html and wordpress should be higher than it is now in terms of price.

149 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
starshade says

That’s good news :) Thanks for update :)

5277 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

but my opinion is that the difference between html and wordpress should be higher than it is now in terms of price.

I don’t think anyone disagrees with that. But they should both be higher :)

by
by
by
by
by
by