67 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
FlashGuruLTD says

My file was approved yesterday after almost a week of waiting (nuff said about that already) and im unhappy with the price. It seems that other files that were approved yesterday have had their prices changes since they were first approved. Therefore i presume that whoever reviews and approves the files doesn’t quite understand the value of a file.

Let me say that the file i have created took me 3-4 working days, which in the real world would equate to a cost of $2800 if i was to create the same for a client. At its current price it would mean i would have to sell this file over 1000 times for it to make me a return on time investment. I am currently making $1.5 dollars from this file per sale which is a joke to say the least.

What are the guidlines given to the reviewers to cost a file? it seems different reviewers price things differently, this wouldn’t be the case if their was a set of rules to determine the price of a file.

Why does a preloader cost $3? when it is five-ten lines of code, when my file costs only double that at $6, it is over 1000 lines of code and takes 10-20 times aslong to create compared to a preloader? Its nonsensical.

My file should be $10, if you need justification, let me know.

In the meantime, id love to hear some reasoning behind the pricing of files.

67 posts
+1 more
FlashGuruLTD says

Also, id love to hear about the rules given to reviewers.

As we know some of the reviewers are also authors, and it seems that they therefore have the ability to change the prices of their own files and have done so, to a price which they feel is reasonable, whereas none-reviewers dont have this ability, which is an unfair advantage IMHO .

For example, CMS News was changed from $15 to $20, what is the reasoning behind this? is the extra $5 justified per sale, because it has some PHP ? or what?

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says
The pricing on my file doesn’t seem right…
All pricing is done at the sole discretion of FlashDen and its staff. This is to promote stable and consistent pricing. However if you feel that your file was unfairly priced (high or low), please contact support and state clearly and succinctly your reasons.
from the faq…

2671 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

one thing to think about is the lower the price the more you are going to sell :-) i have complained before that the price was too high on my own file.

1552 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says

There was a price guide on the site a long time ago , but they have taken it down. And about that the flash reviewers ,are changing their own prices , that is very worrying, somene from flashden staff please respond. And one question , do the reviewers have access to all the files on flashden?

3072 posts
+5 more
wickedpixel says

One thing is for sure… is in Flashden’s interest to sell files with good prices… more they sell/more money we’ll all make…

67 posts
+1 more
FlashGuruLTD says
The pricing on my file doesn’t seem right…
All pricing is done at the sole discretion of FlashDen and its staff. This is to promote stable and consistent pricing. However if you feel that your file was unfairly priced (high or low), please contact support and state clearly and succinctly your reasons.
from the faq…

I wanted a discussion about the pricing of files, since it makes no sense at all that a small application costs only twice the price of a preloader. It also makes no sense that for example an mp3 player which can be coded in 200 -300 lines of code costs the same or just less than an image gallery.

And yet a news viewer costs more than an image gallery.

In terms of time and cost it takes for an author to create the files, the prices are skewed all wrong and dont even get me started on the rates.

Ive been here a short while and im already thinking it was a bad idea, and it would make more sense to build my own stock flash file site and partner with one of the the big resource sites and/or component sites. The time and effort it would take to build a site such as this, would be 2-3 weeks, ive created two files and already spent half that time on those two files alone.

67 posts
+1 more
FlashGuruLTD says
One thing is for sure… is in Flashden’s interest to sell files with good prices… more they sell/more money we’ll all make…

I know that bobcel can change the price of any file, so i presume therefore that all reviewers can. They are in practice Flashden staff, so ultimatley they have the responsibility to set the prices correctly, which they dont seem to be doing.

3072 posts
+5 more
wickedpixel says

well… it’s a good idea to have personal site for selling… but that site must compete with flashden that has almost 30.000 users / is well known / and has 4000+ cheap files…

67 posts
+1 more
FlashGuruLTD says
well… it’s a good ideea to have personal site for selling… but that site must compete with flashden that has almost 30.000 users / is well known / and has 4000+ cheap files…

FYI , Flashden is fairly new in the Flash Community, Collis mentioned that they spend alot of their time and money that they earn from this site marketing the site and on development, yet i havent seen any marketing for this site and it lacks alot of features which people are crying out for.

I already own a site such as this, a Flash Resource, granted it doesn’t sell files but it could do, with a few weeks work. If not, it could be a part of Flashkit, well maybe not part of Flashkit since they already tried something like this already, or a partner of Flashloaded for example which already have the userbase, but maybe they dont want to sell low cost files.

What im basically trying to figure out for myself, all be it, publicallly, is whether creating files to sell on here, is worth it from a business point of view, and presently due to pricing concerns, rates and the time it takes to get files approved, its looking like it would be a more viable solution to create my own stock flash site, where i would have control over all these things.

by
by
by
by
by
by