735 posts Plastic it's fantastic:))
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
plastic3 says

Hi guys! just wanted to hear your thoughts about pricing in music stock industry..because I have also non-exclusive portfolio, I can follow the changes in the pricing policies of other marketplaces.. last year the minimal prices of main competitors sites was increased to 20$ and 30$ per track (regardless of length)..at the moment, only one big marketplace keep the minimal prices such as on AJ.. maybe it’s time to implement the planned soft changes in prices on AJ, which was announced last year?

213 posts Live Creative!
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
BrownHouseMedia says

I agree, I just did a bunch of research on this and AJ is significantly below other established sites. Even at $19.95 a track they would be the low price leader in the market.

734 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Won a competition
  • Located in Canada
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
TimMcMorris says

Agreed friends, this year MUST, MUST, MUST be the year of price changes. The bottom line for me personally is that major music publishers and record labels are now coming out of the wood work. I don’t expect AJ to compete with them, but (not just speaking of myself) it is becoming obvious that more authors are beginning to out grow the site – whereas previously the site grew with the authors.

I am still going to remain optimistic and believe that 2013 will be a great year of growth and positive change that results in much greater business for us all :)

The bottom line is, we still see it worth uploading here – but the gap with competitors is definitely shrinking.

151 posts For the Love of Music and Sound
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
audiophile-trax says

Agreed. In my opinion the prices could easily be raised a good 30-40% without having much negative impact in sales. But to me even more important than the pricing is the licensing options available as discussed previously on the forums. Last we heard a couple months ago Envato is working on that now. Remaining optimistic as well. :)

582 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Sophonic says

Its obviously a no-brainer.

842 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
gbiasillo says

Totally agree. From my own experience, I sell higher quantity at higher prices on other sites. While were at it, I think AJ should consider upping the non-exclusive rates to be more in line with other sites as well, and/or make it teared similar to the exclusive setup.

297 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Italy
+1 more
Cinquequarti says

We totally agree! We have a not exclusive portfolio too and we know that even at $19.95, as BrownHouseMedia said, AJ would be the cheapest Royalty-Free stock site and leader of this market. Let’s hope about a pricing review!

663 posts Allegro120 Composer
+5 more
Allegro120 says

I honestly think that a sharp rise in prices can cause a large drop in sales and even a catastrophe. For example someone with 300 sales per month will drop to 3 or 4 sales a month, I’m not exaggerating, I know what I’m saying. A rise of 1 or 2 Dollar may keep the same sales (maybe). Let’s be honest, AJ sells much their prices, the market more competitive. Sorry to disagree with you friends and colleagues.

I think you could top 1 Dollar and see what happens. Also add a third category of licenses. This would not affect purchases and if buyers attract professionals.

Envato has the last word. I trust them.

456 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
D_Cooper says

I honestly think that a sharp rise in prices can cause a large drop in sales and even a catastrophe.

I don’t think so. I know marketplaces with 40-60$ per regular license and with a very big number of sales.

511 posts Epic Trailer Music
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
MartijndeBont says

I’m wondering why everybody who says other stock music sites use higher price ranges are not uploading their complete portfolio to those sites instead of Audiojungle? I’m really interested in knowing this. Is it because you like Audiojungle more? Isn’t that worth something too? Or is it because the risk of loosing lots of sales is just too high?

I agree with Allegro120 on this. A small price change would be much appreciated and wouldn’t affect our customers too much, but don’t fool around with the prices too much please! I don’t want to see my customers leaving to other stock music sites because the main reason why they come to Audiojungle (cheap, high quality music) is taken away from them.

Cheers!

by
by
by
by
by
by