462 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Italy
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
bosone says

of course i agree. i also hope a different rate for non exclusive authors. on toher (non-exclusive) site the commission is significantly higher… maybe envato can adopt, for non exclusive authors, a mechanisms similar to the exclusive one, with rates changed from 33% to 5=% depending on the sale. but still here the prices here are very very cheap and i know other stock site are complaining about AJ low price policy.

but, as a matter of fact, AJ is the site in which i have sold the most. i love the “social” approach and the website look and feel.

but, to maximize my (still very low) earning, I am expanding my portfolio and i’m consitantly looking for new sites in which i can place my music. but uploading and tagging is a very long and boring process, and you never know if it will be worth of! :P

763 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
StudioEtude says
Hi!

I think that the price increase for “a couple” of dollars – a bring positive impact on all. But the question about “multiple licenses,” I think that for this site, this question is not serious … why? because we see very, very slow changes, developers have a lot of flaws in the development of the site: it is raiting system, this design forum (in particular section “Item Requests”, when people get confused and write in the topics that should be closed because do not clearly visible date of themes). Developers have long been able to fix these things, but …. I do not want to say that someone is not working, I stress the fact that everything is happening as in slow motion. As for the number of licenses – it will be after 10 years … maybe I’m wrong, but that’s just the facts!

271 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • United Kingdom
sweetwaveaudio says

Ive only been on AJ for about a year so does anyone know when the last price increase was? I think an increase would be good to keep AJ as one of the top dogs of the royalty-free world. More and more sites are starting up and AJ has the lowest prices I have seen so it would be terrible if it eventually became looked at as a sort of jumble sale for music because its so cheap. I don’t buy music from here but I can only assume that potential new buyers may have the mindset that you get what you pay for so they may be put off. It’s all speculation on my part but AJ is where I do best (I also sell different tracks on 4 other sites) so I want this site to continue to be one of the best. The general opinion of authors doesn’t seem cash orientated, more “for the good of AJ”.

320 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
johnny625 says

I agree that we need some increase in the prices. I don’t think that a raise of 30 % for example will hurt sales much or even at all. Everything is getting more expensive as someone said above and yet the prices stay the same on AJ. I am not going to even start really whining about the price of sound FX. I mean you go around town in dark alleys, carrying lot of expensive equipment which subject to theft and mugging, wait till the right time comes for recording and when your fx gets accepted for sale on AJ you get a price of 1 dollar.

I mean come on, a pack of bubble gums costs more in the place I live…

462 posts
  • Italy
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
bosone says

I mean you go around town in dark alleys, carrying lot of expensive equipment which subject to theft and mugging, wait till the right time comes for recording and when your fx gets accepted for sale on AJ you get a price of 1 dollar.

+1

527 posts
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • United States
muscma01 says

I have a non-exclusive account here and I did an experiment about 6 months ago were I raised my prices from around 20 a track to almost 40. The result was very little difference in sales but a huge gain in net profit. Just my experience and 2 cents

1032 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
MastaBlack_fK says

Price increase was actually promised in the last year, but so far nothing has changed…

244 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
W3llm4n says

I agree that the price/quality relation has a very big appeal for must of the AJ customers.

Nevertheless a minimum increase in the prices wouldn’t hurt anyone. I got a call from a client this week telling me he couldn’t believe that the main song for his big advertising campaign cost just 40 bucks! My point is that even the clients realize prices in AJ are way too low.

264 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
soundengine says

Instead of price increase why don’t we have a price calculation tool based on who you are (student, small business, corporation, etc.) and where you’re going to use the music (website, radio, national tv, etc). Small guys can still license at $14. Nobody would loose anything.

So why don’t we have something like that yet? Maybe it’s the same reason why there isn’t a shopping cart. If Envato isn’t making enough money to hire developers to implement these basic changes, it further validates the need for such a change.

212 posts Live Creative!
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United States
BrownHouseMedia says

Instead of price increase why don’t we have a price calculation tool based on who you are (student, small business, corporation, etc.) and where you’re going to use the music (website, radio, national tv, etc). Small guys can still license at $14. Nobody would loose anything. So why don’t we have something like that yet? Maybe it’s the same reason why there isn’t a shopping cart. If Envato isn’t making enough money to hire developers to implement these basic changes, it further validates the need for such a change.

A price change would be easier – a couple of clicks and easy to implement.

by
by
by
by
by
by