844 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
gbiasillo says

^ What Tim Said

However, as per usual, I doubt things will change (see Scott’s comment): http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/imminent-music-price-change/54171?page=8

QAudioProductions
QAudioProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
36 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
QAudioProductions says

Yeah, that forum post is already a year old. Read the very first page. Actually they wanted to increase the price around $2 but they haven`t done it. But maybe “now” it`s the right time to think again about the price structure.

40 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
FlinTwin says

For example: in December, at another stock I raised the price of their tracks from 15 to 30 dollars.
The result: NO any changes. Sales have not decreased, (may be little bit more). How many sales I had each month from August to November – so much left in December and will be in January.
Just my expirience.

679 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ZtarrZound says

^ What Tim Said However, as per usual, I doubt things will change (see Scott’s comment): http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/imminent-music-price-change/54171?page=8

This was said 3 months ago:

“Envato keep a very close eye on pricing and right now the price point appears to be working very well for authors and customers as shown by the success of the Elite Authors and Popular Authors we now have on AudioJungle.”

Take that as you will in the quest to get the powers that be to change their minds…

40 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
SilverHoof says

Passions are rising…) dear Envato, necessary to respond! Waiting new official opinion ;)

217 posts Live Creative!
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
BrownHouseMedia says

“Envato keep a very close eye on pricing and right now the price point appears to be working very well for authors and customers as shown by the success of the Elite Authors and Popular Authors we now have on AudioJungle.”

I am an elite author and I respectfully have to disagree. ThemeForest has over 150 elite authors. VideoHive has 33 elite authors BUT AudioJungle only has 10. I believe that there are so few elite authors on AJ due to price point. Not due to lack of sales.

I really love it here at AJ and truly believe everyone would benefit with price increase. Authors, AJ and customers. I believe customers might value music MORE if it cost a bit more. Sometimes you can price something so low it appears too good to be true.

QAudioProductions
QAudioProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
36 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Located in Europe
QAudioProductions says

Yes, absolute right BrownHouseMedia :-)

338 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
johnny625 says

@BrownHouseMedia

I agree totally. I know that some customers that need stock audio actually avoid AJ because they think something is wrong with the prices. They look too low to be genuine to them. They probably assume that low price equals low quality which is not true. AJ has great authors that definitely DESERVE higher prices.

1 post
RealGuitar says

I just opened up an account here on AJ because of talk of them raising their prices but havn’t uploaded any music yet, and I won’t until I see what they do about the prices. The prices here on AJ are awful and devaluates the market in general, not a good thing for everyone involved. I know of many elite composers from other sites that I’m in won’t even consider AJ because of their pricing and no sense exclusive deal. A couple of other sites that I’m on just raised their prices and implemented a firm base price to stop all the undercutting, and it has not affected sales in a negative way. AJ must raise the 33% cut for non exclusive [ industry standard is still 50% ] , and I don’t understand their logic with their exclusive deal as they’re isn’t any back end royalty involved. AJ is non pro RF model, being exclusive with them doesn’t make any sense especially with their market leading low ball prices. raising the prices by a dollar or two isn’t enough as that will only give composers extra nickels and dimes after AJ take their cut. They must raise their prices as AJ is falling behind in the market and it’s only a matter of time before the AJ elite composers begin leaving AJ. Raisng the prices to a reasonable structure will not affect sales as other sites have proven this past while. IMHO AJ should scrap the exclusive deal and make a typical non exclusive site with a 50 / 50 cut with higher prices. If they do that you’ll see top notch composers coming over here making the value of AJ rise considerably higher, and where the top quality is that’s where buyers will go. I have to say though, AJ is nice looking site and it appears to have a very vibrant and enjoyable community of artists happening here. Hopefully things will work out in a favorable way so I can become active here. For all you artists out there being afraid to have prices increased ….. don’t be …... it’s that fear, desperation and roll over attitude that contributed to where we are now in the market, and it’s not good.

by
by
by
by
by
by