+1 for deleting a year old tracks with no sale

QAudioProductions
QAudioProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
36 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Europe
QAudioProductions says

I am totally with you guys :-) Very good ideas…..

547 posts
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Spain
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

We have to watch each others backs as composers/creative professionals or in 5-10 years there will not be an industry to make even a meager living in. Let’s do this!

That’s the kinda talk I’m takin’ about! Yeah Mike! I salute you, buy you a beer and generally shake your hand, totally agree. I hope we don’t all devalue ourselves into the ground so that basically we all rely on day jobs to survive

338 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
johnny625 says

+1 for a price increase

4 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Canada
jacobsegal says

+1 as well. I agree with all that is being said here. It is quite unfortunate that we as the audio guys always having to be pushed down; we certainly have a voice.

88 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
DiamondC says

I am totally agree with you guys +1 for price increase!
+1 for stickied thread

471 posts Think pink.
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
pinkzebra says

I was assisting at a post host last year-working on a fairly major spot. I helped source music with the engineer and I found something here on AJ that worked and he could NOT BELIEVE how cheap it was. Literally shocked. This is a guy who spent years in Chicago’s once thriving advertising music scene as a engineer, back when composers actually had a budget to have an engineer to mix for them. So, basically, any amount of money not spent licensing music here went towards the hourly rate of the post host for the music search ($500/hr). The even more ridiculous part is the author AND audiojungle are not able to earn PRO money for the spot.

This is exactly why it is critical that the AJ licenses become stair-stepped so that the price of licensing music for a national TV commercial is significantly (very significantly) higher than the price for licensing a track for a YouTube cat video.

The royalty-free marketplace is maturing and these changes need to happen soon in order for this business model to better match the expectations of buyers and authors.

213 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
vaisnava says

I love how the top 3 Elite authors all chimed in at the beginning of this post, that’s a strong statement. :) Everyone else has made great points and it sure looks like nearly everyone thinks its a great idea, including myself.

+1 for a price increase.

Cheers!

575 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Sophonic says

I was assisting at a post host last year-working on a fairly major spot. I helped source music with the engineer and I found something here on AJ that worked and he could NOT BELIEVE how cheap it was. Literally shocked. This is a guy who spent years in Chicago’s once thriving advertising music scene as a engineer, back when composers actually had a budget to have an engineer to mix for them. So, basically, any amount of money not spent licensing music here went towards the hourly rate of the post host for the music search ($500/hr). The even more ridiculous part is the author AND audiojungle are not able to earn PRO money for the spot.

This is exactly why it is critical that the AJ licenses become stair-stepped so that the price of licensing music for a national TV commercial is significantly (very significantly) higher than the price for licensing a track for a YouTube cat video.

The royalty-free marketplace is maturing and these changes need to happen soon in order for this business model to better match the expectations of buyers and authors.

It’s a great idea, why is it so hard to implement this. The little youtube type guys don’t get hurt or scared off by higher pricing and the big companies that want to use stuff for TV broadcast type usage pay a higher price, which would still probably be a joke.

Add a TV Broadcast license, so simple.

645 posts Allegro120 Composer
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Spain
Allegro120 says

As I said above.

Upload the license price of 14 dollars too, is a mistake, rather a suicide, the small buyers would disappear (increase 1 or 2 dollars max would be nice).

Implement a “third category” of licenses is a success. We would increase professional buyers. Envato would be more respected. In this way we would still earning our money and also the good musician would have their licenses extended (2 types). We will be recognition.

by
by
by
by
by
by