1820 posts
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+12 more
SamBerson says

Hey there.

This is a question that I’ve been wanting to ask for a while.

Once and item has gone live, will the price of it ever change?

I wanted to know the answer, because I’m thinking of making some graphics to advertise my items on my personal website, which will contain the prices. If the prices change, then these pictures become out of date.

Does anyone know the answer?

Thanks so much for you time,

Sam :)

556 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
kriskorn says

Hey there.

I wanted to know the answer, because I’m thinking of making some graphics to advertise my items on my personal website, which will contain the prices. If the prices change, then these pictures become out of date.

The prices do not change, if you don’t ask for a change or if Envato doesn’t do a big update to the prices.

1820 posts
+12 more
SamBerson says

Hey there.

The prices do not change, if you don’t ask for a change or if Envato doesn’t do a big update to the prices.

So do you reckon that if you asked for your item to have a lower or higher price then they would actually change it?

1253 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Demorfoza says

Yes, they do. During my presence here there was at least one price change and general cleaning of low quality and old files, at least on GraphicRiver :)

EDIT: Oh come on Demorfoza, you have serious problems with reading.

107 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
KurtBilisim says

So do you reckon that if you asked for your item to have a lower or higher price then they would actually change it?

Just to confirm it, yes. I got one of my item’s price changed by asking. Keep in mind though, they only “consider” when you ask, it won’t get changed 100% just because the author requested.

1278 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Pricop says

You could ask for a price change by Opening a ticket to support, a good example would be an item which now costs $18 (my case), and you’ve added tons of new features, while the item was reviewed at $18 without your new updates, you could ask them to increase the price considering the fact that the new, updated script do so much more. ;-)

2180 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

Prices can indeed change. There are (at least) three possible scenarios:

1) Pricing was incidentally set incorrectly, or reviewer’s decision about pricing was not the most adequate; author contacts support, they consider the pricing and author’s request and if author’s right, price gets changed. 2) Author updates his item. He/she adds more value to it and their item becomes more complex, so its price goes up. (or if they remove something from their item, price goes down :) ) 3) Envato decides it’s time to change (hopefully, to raise :D ) prices because of the trends in the market in global, so they change prices of all items of a specific category or on whole marketplace.

As you can see, pricing can change, but it happens on a very rare occasion. Unless you have thousands of items you’d like to advertise, I suggest you go for it and put the price on your banners. ;)

3718 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

Urbanzon said it all, really :P If you feel like the price is too low/high, contact support and send them a request for a price change.

2) Author updates his item. He/she adds more value to it and their item becomes more complex, so its price goes up. (or if they remove something from their item, price goes down :) )

I guess it’s worth mentioning that this does not happen automatically. Envato doesn’t review prices when you update the file, so you’d have to take initiative if you want it changed.

1820 posts
+12 more
SamBerson says

Hey there!

Thank you all so much for the wonderful responses.

I’m gonna go ahead and add the prices to the pictures.

by
by
by
by
by
by