675 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
dexterous says

Hi All,

My requirement is to print something with the default printer without displaying the printer’s dialog to the user. Based on my googling it seems it is not possible to do from flash alone. Is there any way or workaround to achieve it? My client’s software (built in flash) is going to be deployed on a kiosk and showing the printer dialog is not accepted as a solution.

Thanks in advance. -Dex.

1722 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+6 more
Firsh says
Hi All,

My requirement is to print something with the default printer without displaying the printer’s dialog to the user. Based on my googling it seems it is not possible to do from flash alone. Is there any way or workaround to achieve it? My client’s software (built in flash) is going to be deployed on a kiosk and showing the printer dialog is not accepted as a solution.

Thanks in advance. -Dex.

I don’t think it’s possible without the print dialog. If it is, from js for example you can just call the js function to print without it.. What gets printed is a different question.

675 posts
+6 more
dexterous says
What gets printed is a different question

My requirement is to print only a JPG image (which I can also keep inside of HTML ) – but can JS print it without showing the dialog?

I know that SWFKit or SWF Studio can do this .. but is there something without spending addtional $$ ?

2010 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says

https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/addon/8966
it works, i’ve used it for a project

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says
What gets printed is a different question

My requirement is to print only a JPG image (which I can also keep inside of HTML ) – but can JS print it without showing the dialog?

I know that SWFKit or SWF Studio can do this .. but is there something without spending addtional $$ ?

With flash there is only the PrintJobOptions class you can print no problem there. But the dialog print box is a requirement, but you can point your object print target via bitmap images or vector format but i don’t think you can bypass the dialog print box.

There is a way but…. to much code plague and i never try doing it this way … but its possible i think….. ill try to give it a shoot if its durable ill let you know

675 posts
+6 more
dexterous says
https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/addon/8966
it works, i’ve used it for a project

Thank you so much for the link. This solution does work with firefox. But unfortunately, my file will be running as an EXE (Projector) on a kiosk .. is there a solution for EXE files ? The OS will be Windows XP.

675 posts
+6 more
dexterous says

To anyone who may get stuck in this in future:

Print from flash for kiosk applications (when flash file is in browser) – Use https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/addon/8966

Print from flash kiosk applications (when using an EXE or projector) – Use Swf Studio (it works)

Infact, SWF Studio can suppress any dialog (in case you want to make sure that your kiosk application is not showing any system dialog to the user)

by
by
by
by
by
by