226 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Russian Federation
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
chipree says
As long as you don’t claim the work as your own… I don’t think too many authors would be against you taking screenshots…
Thanks.. but I need a 100% answer. is it 100% ok or not? Is there 1% chance I might get in trouble for copyright infringement ?

My original post was directed towards the OP…

To answer yours… no, if your linking back to Themeforest you don’t need to purchase a license to display them on your site… 100%... other wise the API would be useless…

851 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Australia
+2 more
Jordan_M Staff says

OK! Guys sorry to renege on what I’ve previously said, however, we’ve had a rethink on this internally and we feel that it should be a bit easier for our affiliates and you guys to help promote items!

If your powers are being used for good, there shouldn’t really be an issue. So no license purchase required unless the author specifically requests you buy one. Contact Support and ref this thread if you already bought some licenses and want a refund.

Thanks! Jordan

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Technically speaking Envato have no right to say you can do what you want with screen shots as they do not own the work and is not their copyright (if they disagree then their “get out clause” of our work being illegally distributed can’t stand) – so my advise is to contact the author who created and owns the file – ask them for permission – unless the author doesn’t want promotion, I foresee zero issues for you.

738 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
Jar says

Honestly, if it means another sale for them, they have no reason to decline.

by
by
by
by
by
by