- Won a Competition
- Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Bought between 100 and 499 items
- Referred between 500 and 999 users
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
Hey guys, wanted to re-start an old discussion brought a couple of years ago which i’d find it really useful and i’m sure also most of you.
This is the OP thread started back then and Bitfade said everything pretty well, however that thread was on ActiveDen and i’d like it to appear on every marketplace.
We have been asking for a private author forum multiple times with no luck.
i’m not blaming devs, i know they are always busy with other (eventually more important) things to do regarding marketplaces.
however, many feels this is somewhat needed for us to discuss arguments related to this place from author’s point of view.
a possible workaround is to create a private google group: it works like a mailing list, you read and write messages by mail and also has online archivers.
i’m opening this 3d to see if other authors are interested
also, since ii dunno if i’m missing some envato rule against this, i won’t post the link until i got an official response.
I know the devs are really busy with lot’s of stuff and there are also other important things to be done , but i really want to suggest this to be made and noted down for the near future. There must be a way for the authors to communicate privately.
I think this is a great idea.
We can start our own forum, no need to wait on Envato to make one.
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Exclusive Author
- Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Referred between 1 and 9 users
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Microlancer Beta Tester
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
I’ve also created a group on FB but nobody joint until now. Not that FB would be the best solution, but probably the most easiest.
This could probably be solved if comments were dealt better tbh
I could offer a phpBB3 powered forum for this purpose. I could only need to know what the forum sections should be. I think should be set for view to authors only.
Not sure how possible this will be to keep it author only, as anyone can technically be an “author” and get the badge to say they are an author. I guess it could be decided on if they have an item for sale or not, but then technically that leaves quite a few new authors out.
Not going to happen for another few years yet. Developers too busy trying to figure where that button should go
SwiftIdeas saidIf authors only would be the ones to approve new memberships, that is easy to do. Here is how I imagine it:
Not sure how possible this will be to keep it author only, as anyone can technically be an “author” and get the badge to say they are an author. I guess it could be decided on if they have an item for sale or not, but then technically that leaves quite a few new authors out. - Ed
- the forum access is restricted for authors only and hidden to the public
- we have 5-10 authors who are managers of the forum
- the managers could be chosen from TF mods, TF authors with at least 5-10 items
- we make membership rules saying that TF only can join the forum and how and what they are required to do
- when new authors register the forum form they also contact one of the managers
- managers check if the new register request is valid, means the user is in fact a TF author with at least one item in his TF portfolio
- the process to recruit managers is the same, just they could ask for manager type membership from those already managers
- the forum could be used for anything, most important for abuse alerts, joining forces in various projects of authors’ interests or whatever authors need to talk and cannot speak on public forums
Have a nice Sunday and best of luck.