1702 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

Hi guys,

I think about myself that I am no designer really, I cannot compare myself with best sellers around here, but still I have coding skill, some years of experience and I can get to higher level shortly… and my design looks far better and more flexible than others. I think I really need feedback, and I need professional feedback but more important, feedback from potential clients and not some office workers.

My template have been rejected again (second attempt) today. I tested all CSS , I coded some new features, worked new graphics and the reviewer gave me same copy+paste:

“1.Your template has a good start but..” “2.There are a few inconsistent spacing/padding issues throughout the template.” oh come on, we suppose to be creative and not copy paste… I have changed the content, fixed some small CSS issues, coded new features, and I get exactly same review, funny isn’t it?

I’m really tired of such comments already on my second attempt I can see this is a copy paste and not a professional feedback from a templates market place. I feel like the reviewer do not appreciate the work done and huge difference since first attempt.

I think my template is far better than a lot others already approved for sale. I spent a hole day to prepare the files to make everything work at click, with no pain. I think my template deserve more than this easy copy paste.

What do you think? http://skywalker.pcadviser.ro/index.php?profile=corporate-h

Regards, D

1578 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
webdesignerart says

First of All your template is very professional but i feel that you have to work on your typography is this only thing that i noted, because when read Paragraph text its some boldy blurred not crisp pixel. so this my suggestion.

+4 more
dnp_theme says

ok. Thanks mate.

After having some beers and relax a moment to reflect on this matter..

I think ThemeForest should give more professional feedback for the 50% income of MY WORK . This is how I think this partnership should work, otherwise the 50% FOR ThemeForest IS NOT JUSTIFIED as they don’t host my demos and don’t give me any other benefit. Makes me think: “How to easily make money on working with stupid” tutorial and showcase this example. You get 50% of what exactly ThemeForest?

Ok leaving this thought aside..

Honestly, this copy paste really makes me more and more frustrated. Makes me wonder why I don’t shift my designs and open my own shop for 100% income of MY WORK !!

So.. ThemeForest “gurus” what exactly is wrong with my template?

I want a very precise feedback so I can work with you! You earn easy money on my hard work so: read this example of how I THINK A PROFESSIONAL FEEDBACK SHOULD BE GIVEN :

1. The module “ThemeForest Recent Threads” is a little too much padding left (AFTER CHECKING WITH SOME SOFTWARE LIKE FIREBUG AND NOT EYE ESTIMATION ). I WOULD SUGGEST using 25-150 PADDING TOP AND BOTTOM .

2. Content titles are too hard to see: increase the padding (OR WHAT EVER A PROFESSIONAL WOULD DO TO THAT PARTICULAR TITLE TO MAKE IT MORE VISUAL EFFICIENT )

3. “Right now, it doesn’t feel like a premium template.” – Well, what do you suggest partner?

4. “The template needs improvements in visual hierarchy primarily using typographic elements such as headings” – AHAM , well could you please be more specific mister “copy paste”?

When your website is hacked, don’t you need more explanations on what happened so you can prevent that in the future? Same with me, partner.. same with me..

With all due respect, my more than three months of hard work really need better feedback, more respect.

Regards, Danny

+4 more
dnp_theme says

I may sound a little harsh in the reply above, mainly because I am newbie here, but the statement remains: ThemeForest must provide better support as a partner to share the income with.

1289 posts LoveThemes
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
LoveThemes says

I agree with the reviewer, you have lots of spacing issues.

You need to go through and tighten up the spacings according to the hierarchy.

Notice in the blog section you have “Sample Blog Page” heading with the same margin-bottom as the post title below it. All the text throughout is squashed together, adjust the line-height and margin-bottom to give everything space to breath, this will also help with the visual hierarchy.

Again, with the buttons such as login and read more, they need more padding-top the center the text better.

Basically just go through the whole template and look for these inconsistencies.

Scott

+4 more
dnp_theme says

Thanks Scott, this is what I should have got from the reviewer.

I woke up at 5.00 AM this morning and started to work on “spacing” issues. My customization idea was to create a compact template, minimalist design with 1-20px graphics and generally little spacing (margins and paddings), to give the feeling that like “the company” will take care of all little details for it’s customers… and now I have to rework all this styling again..

I will retry soon and meanwhile .. have fun.

Thanks again. Danny

by
by
by
by
by
by