225 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
mihaimcm says

\\ So I just changed my windows and those folders appeared on my D partition ,I cant watch hd movies because it lags,and not just when I watch movies ,I did some research and I found out that it could be a virus ,I think it has something to do with the internet because if I type in google sites that I browsed before the installation of the windows they appear as already entered( with a purple color ) ,so I think that in those folders are saved informations about browsing history and things like cookies etc that the virus made… So did this happened to someone else ,and what can I do ? Thx for your time.

Link to picture: http://s7.postimage.org/z4uvn5cx5/356.jpg
251 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
bodorobodo says

Have you reinstalled Windows? If so, check the drivers for the main board and the video card. Also, you might wanna install some codecs you’ve use before reinstalling Windows. Maybe it would be a good idea for you to share your specs: what windows, what processor, what graphic card do you have?

225 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
mihaimcm says

Have you reinstalled Windows? If so, check the drivers for the main board and the video card. Also, you might wanna install some codecs you’ve use before reinstalling Windows. Maybe it would be a good idea for you to share your specs: what windows, what processor, what graphic card do you have?
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 2.00GHZ 2Gb OF Ram Motherboard: Gigabyte G41m-es2l Video: Gigabyte Gt 430 Windows xp sp3 version 2002 Did a fresh new installation of the windows with the drivers from the original CD,I reinstalled the windows because the pc was moving a little bit slow and we entered a new year. I wold like to know if someone else had this problem before and what did he do…. Ms pentru replay :)
177 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
DragonSigh says

This is not a virus. It’s more like temporary folders that left from Windows Update. Why you think you have a virus? Check your PC with any free antivirus scaner, if it’s OK then install all new drivers (especially for your video card and from official website only), if it’s already new then try to check if any programs takes 100% CPU time or actively writes to your disk (with Process Explorer). Try to reinstall codecs too (revert to previous version of any pack if you’re using any) or uninstall ALL packs and try this: LAV with your favourite media player.

1740 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

Once time I got these strange folders after re-installing Windows XP, too. So I guess it’s not virus, but temporary system files. You can do a quick scan by your antivirus to make sure. Try to check Task Manager to see if there is any suspicious task or program running, check how many percentage of system resource are being used. About the laggy HD it could be from many reasons: not enough buffer memory, not enough system resource, not good codec etc., If you can, I suggest upgrading to a clean install of Windows 7. XP is old now :)

1460 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
WebSmacker says
by
by
by
by
by