397 posts
  • Author Level 5
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 1
  • Top Monthly Author
+3 more
weCREATEthings
says

Hi guys.

I don’t know what is happening, but I have some serious troubles to import an audio file into my .ae project. I’m doing as usually, but the program isn’t reading properly the file because it sounds distortioned.

Anyone have had this kind of problem?

I’m thinking that maybe could be the format (.mp3) because I’m pretty sure that I read something about it, here or on the internet (I’m not sure)

So the music is a soft piano composition and right now it sounds like a daft punk or something. I mean how bad is that? :)

I’m working on CS5.5 and I have already tried closing the application and it didn’t work.

Thanks for your replys!

1607 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author Level 6
  • Bundle Boss
  • Featured Author
+7 more
AndrVlad
says

I would check audio settings. Sometimes distortion appears because of 44.1/48 khz mismatch. Check project settings and your audio card.

I also read somewhere that sometimes after effects work with mp3s incorrectly. I faced with it but it’s was different.

Best Regards, Andrey

389 posts
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Copyright Ninja
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+6 more
mothinkers
says

I can’t explain you why, but I know that mp3 and After Effects don’t get along… I haven’t had any issue of this kind though.
Try converting your file to another format.

389 posts
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Copyright Ninja
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+6 more
mothinkers
says

Sorry, double post!
Ho, and i’ve found this, Nick from Greyscale Gorilla explains that MP3 compression can cause problems so it’s good to convert to a more edit-friendly format such as AIFF.
Hope it helped!

397 posts
  • Author Level 5
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 1
  • Top Monthly Author
+3 more
weCREATEthings
says

Yeah, apparently this is something wrong with some mp3 files, specially the ones that came from AJ download preview button.

What I did to solve this was to take that file into an audio editor (like audacity) and export it again to any format (even mp3) and that just fixed the problem…

Thank you guys for your replys.

by
by
by
by
by
by