2303 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

I start this thread in all marketplaces so that both Videohivers and Audiojunglers can see it.

This topic has been discussed in the audiojungle-forums before.

But the awareness and participation of videohivers is important so this thread shall now be used to discuss this issue

What is the Problem?

The mp3-preview you can download from an audiojungle-items page is not in sync with the final bought track.

Due to mp3-compression, a gap of silence is added at the beginning, which makes the preview start later than the actual wav-file.

Comparison of the bought track and preview:

If a videohive-author now uses the audiojungle-preview to make his animation, the buyer may need to shift the bought audio of 1-2 frames forward in time to line up with the animation.

Is this really a big problem?

Fortunately, in most cases, no. We are talking about a delay of 20-60ms (at least what I’ve seen), which relates to 1-2 frames of animation. If your animations doesn’t have fast impacts, hits or other things that are underlined by quick, sharp sounds, you most probably won’t notice it.

But there are templates where you might notice this

Essentially, the sound will come too early, when your customer add the bought sound into your project file. If you are having fast logo reveals or impacts, this is noticeable. Human are less sensible to hearing sound AFTER the visual equivalent since that is something we experience in real world, too (light is faster than sound). But in this case the sound is coming too early which makes even a small gap not “feeling” right.

Possible solutions

Finding an applicable solution to this problem is the goal of this thread.
+9 more
Creattive says

Suggestions of solutions:

1. Audiojungle authors need to include mp3-file next to wav, having the same gap as the preview.

This is the most applicable solution in my opinion. Buyers then only have to use the mp3 instead of the wav. Although quality suffers a bit.

2. Audiojungle authors adding an equivalent gap to their wav’s

This can only be applied to Logo sounds, since they are not relying on BPM-patterns, which will be destroyed by adding the gap. (I’m a video-guy, excuse me if I explained that wrong. I’m referring to a statement from audiojungle author alkis)

3. Adding wav-previews

Probably not possible due to file sizes.

30 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
muscma02 says

Personally I just add a new channel to do the watermark for the preview file so everything should be in synch as far as that goes. It seems like that would be the easiest solution to the problem. Unless the problem is in the compression like was said earlier.

When you say you have a delay of 20-60ms that might just be from authors using the red book cd standard silence at the beginning which is causing the issue. Maybe it is common for music to have that silence at the beginning but not for sound fx, or logos. That was my thought when you said 20-60ms, but I could be wrong.

5628 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

Interesting. I’ll bring it to the attention to our UX guy.

1641 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

I know this problem. I am removing it manualy with Adobe Soundbooth. Yes it’s a big problem for some projects. And fo VHr authors who doesnt use any audio editing software or even not aware of this problem.

+9 more
Creattive says

@MuscoSound:

I think every AJ author does it that way, but the problem seems to be the mp3-compression. You can compare your wav to the preview-mp3 and see if the length is the same.

@cyzer:

I’m not sure if I understand you correctly. Do you remove the gap of the preview before you are making your animation to the sound?

514 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Located in Italy
+1 more
bosone says
Recently a similar problem was reported on one of my tracks used in a video. I just donwnloaded the mp3, made a wav exacly in sync with the mp3 and reupload the wav using the “EDIT” function in my item. it was accepted less than one hour later.

if anyone will use one of my track in the future for some video i will do this check immediately.

538 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Farley_Design says

Just expand the track in AE to see it’s waveform, zoom in all the way and move it a frame or two (as much as you need) and problem solved :)

70 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
frozensatellite says

Here are some thoughts from me … and please don’t get it wrong nor hopefully do I sound as if I would try to put to the work on the video/editing guys. I would always happy to make my files the most perfect and best way if it every serves you! :)

- every professional cutting program should have an option as “delete silence”, no? (please correct me if I am wrong, I am not too much into video editing, but logically this would be something essential

- I totally understand that editors downloading the mp3 preview to see how or if it works with their prohect, but since you are aware that it is a preview and an mp3 issue, why don’t you simply get rid of the gap when importing the file right from the start? You could even create a macro or something, which directly gets rid of the silence. No matter how you do it, I sync files all day long manually and it is just a matter of a few seconds to magnify and get rid of the silence.

Again please don’t get me wrong, but I see the mp3 file as a preview file and if I think about it, I would never “put a mistake” in my 100% perfect and in sync wav file to match an issue in a mp3 preview, ... because if someone wants to create perfectly synced loops from, it would be pure hell.

I always like to think in return, so please imagine the following. An audio guy approaches you and saying: Hey, I work with preview movie scenes, but on the preview files I don’t see the lip sync very well. Since I already started hiring the narrators, speakers and vocal actors, I would like to have the preview but with high quality lip and mouth areas :)

AGAIN, if majority on Audiojungle would find this an issue and they wish to have the wav file synced “wrong” as the mp3, NO PROBLEM AT ALL! ... but please consider thinking about the points I mentioned! :)

302 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+5 more
alkis says

I’ve tested some of my uploads, that’s exactly what’s happening. Fortunately there are .wav files inside and that’s what the buyers should be using at all times, but the preview has to be .mp3…

If it’s a logo track that has detailed impacts and hits and logo reveal sounds in it, I’ll probably edit the preview myself since lots of videohive authors and it would be more conenivent, so I guess it’s worth taking the extra 1min to do this. Otherwise if it’s a full track I don’t know if it’s that important.

by
by
by
by
by
by